2015 Yaris Radio into 06 XB - Can it be done? - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Audio, Video, & Security Scion xB in car entertainment (aka Scion xB I.C.E.). With all the room available the sky is the limit when adding Scion xB car audio and video. While you're tinkering with the Scion xB electrical system why not install a Scion xB security system.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-06-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
skrappi69! is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
2015 Yaris Radio into 06 XB - Can it be done?

I have a touch screen radio out of a '15 Yaris. As far as size and fit it's a match in my xB.

Only issue is nothing on the harness matches up to the Yaris radio. Is there an adapter kit or is this a waste of time?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-06-2017, 03:18 PM
JPB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
JPB is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Yaris Radio into 06 XB - Can it be done?

Philips to ISO adapter leads are made, I fitted a Kenwood head unit in place of my '05 bB's original Clarion and a lead to convert between the two standards cost me a mere 7.97. I'd expect these to be available globally.

You'll also need to short the park wire (light green on a standard ISO loom) to the casing of the replacement radio unless you tap it into the car's gearchange quadrant lighting circuit, so the when the shifter is in park, it will be possible to watch DVDs.

John

post #3 of 6 Old 09-06-2017, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
skrappi69! is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)

Much appreciated John! Thanks for the quick reply and details. I'll give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Bassman-Soundking is on a distinguished road

I am interested in this, but dont know what a Phillips to ISO adapter is.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
JPB

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
JPB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman-Soundking View Post
I am interested in this, but dont know what a Phillips to ISO adapter is.
Toyota looms have fittings for Philips radios as Philips were the company's supplier of O/E audio at around the time that the current ISO standard was introduced, so unlike the rest of the industry (apart from a handful of smaller, low volume manufacturers such as TVR, Reliant and Ligier), even more recent Toyota group products had the Philips connectors while as recently as 2011 in some cases.

Rather than strip every one of the original strands that enter the sockets on the loom, fit individual spades and have loads of spaghetti behind the radio; there are adaptors that allow the radio to be connected via its own ISO leads to the ISO end of the adaptor. The other end of the adaptor then plugs into the car's original Philips-style connectors and the connection then looks neat and professional, which may not be the case if the Philips plugs were cut off and loose terminals were soldered directly to the loom, making fitting an unnecessarily long task.

I'm posting a link to an eBay sale for one of these adaptors: PC2-17-4 Toyota Yaris ISO Stereo Head Unit Harness Adaptor Wiring Loom Lead | eBay

Dammit! I paid way more for the last one of these that I bought and it looks identical. Oh well, such is life!

John

post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2017, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Bassman-Soundking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Toyota looms have fittings for Philips radios as Philips were the company's supplier of O/E audio at around the time that the current ISO standard was introduced, so unlike the rest of the industry (apart from a handful of smaller, low volume manufacturers such as TVR, Reliant and Ligier), even more recent Toyota group products had the Philips connectors while as recently as 2011 in some cases.

Rather than strip every one of the original strands that enter the sockets on the loom, fit individual spades and have loads of spaghetti behind the radio; there are adaptors that allow the radio to be connected via its own ISO leads to the ISO end of the adaptor. The other end of the adaptor then plugs into the car's original Philips-style connectors and the connection then looks neat and professional, which may not be the case if the Philips plugs were cut off and loose terminals were soldered directly to the loom, making fitting an unnecessarily long task.

I'm posting a link to an eBay sale for one of these adaptors: PC2-17-4 Toyota Yaris ISO Stereo Head Unit Harness Adaptor Wiring Loom Lead | eBay

Dammit! I paid way more for the last one of these that I bought and it looks identical. Oh well, such is life!
I have always done HU swap with aftermarket and new wiring.
I never really dealt with this kind of stuff, but my daughter has a 2006 xA and wants to looks stock because she lives in an apartment. I want her to have a GOOD stock type radio.

Thank you for the link, and now Ill look into this Yaris radio to see if its priced right!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page