Scion xB Forum banner

Got 6.5" speakers for front and rear, is it OEM fit?

8K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  2006whitexB 
#1 ·
I got four 6.5" speakers to change out but before I start tearing apart the door panels, does anyone know if this is a direct fit?

I've read that the rear is an odd shape and won't fit, would I need to cut parts of the car?

Also, that rear panel looks very difficult to take off and the other Scion forum had a DIY but all the pictures were down. Anyone have a DIY or can point me to the correct page in the FSM pleasee >:D

#2 ·
okay you will need two things-no real way around it.

- speaker adapter/bracket for the new speakers
- speaker harness

this will make your job easier.

The front door speakers are riveted to the door panel so they will have to be drilled out while the rears are 10mm. Not really that bad of a car honesly just takes some planning

#12 ·
in addition I would advise the speaker harness adapters for plug n play installation. Now for those who are more adventurous lol- there is a company called TACOTUNES. They make a bracket for the tundra that will fit the XB. Its constructed of HDPE and allows for a more robust speaker to be installed. The are custom made to the speaker's mounting diameter...this is what I went with due to my design goals of my box >:D -(though there is nothing wrong with the above posted mount)

Happy installing :D

Attachments

#16 ·
Ummm you are installing it BACKWARDS:eek: lol. And if you look at your first pic the holes are lined up...
You have to mimic the way the oem speaker was with the extra space away from the door not facing in.

you also need screws bolts to secure the brackets to the door/holes

make sense now?

---------- Post added 06-25-2016 at 05:37 PM ----------

and the 2 wing tabs get broken off

#21 ·
Don't be afraid to think outside the box. lol Seriously, you can do anything you need to make stuff fit. I ended up just using a hammer to widen the hole for the rear speakers to get my 6.5" mid woofers to fit. Then I just drilled new holes using the speaker as a template. Once the interior panel is back on, you don't see anything.

Reactions: Dubbadee
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.