Scion xB Forum banner

Help! New double din HU too small?!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rton20s 
#1 ·
I picked up one of these and the wiring connector at walmart today.

Pioneer FH-X720BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

it works and sounds great but its too SMALL... :(. is there a trim piece that fills the gap around the radio and dash??

i was on crutchfield and it says it would work on my xb and didnt mention any trim

#2 ·
If it's like my Pioneer Avic unit, you need a trim piece for each side. Crutchfield sells them.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 11:02 AM ----------

In my case the trim kit was a Scosche TA1465b.

#3 ·
Ugh! I googled that part number and wally world has it for 9... thank god its not 19.99. Just a little irked crutch field didn't mention this piece... Just have to wait. thanks for telling me what i need!

i went over to best buy and they didn't have it either. you'd think like a business that installs stereos would have these trim pieces... 2000's + Toyotas. come on haha

#5 ·
eBay has it for $6 too. But I would contact crutchfield. Their big selling point is they're supposed to include everything you need to do your installs.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360517461200&globalID=EBAY-US
eBay link if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just an FYI:

They have stopped doing that as of recently. Granted its been one of their marketing hooks for years,but everyone has to run a biz today and be somewhat profitable...maybe this is one way to do it.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys.

i'd like to clear up that i, didnt, order it from crutchfield. I noticed a few weeks ago that walmart stocked the radio that i saw on CF's site for the same price.

My problem was that I was under the impression that CF would know weather or not I needed extra trim pieces for the install and they didnt mention anything extra besides the wiring harness...

so when i bought the radio from walmart I thought i was all set.

but everything is all good. im glad i didnt have to pay CF's price on the trim pieces! i just have to wait till friday to get the pieces so the install is complete.

#7 ·
Just so I have this straight...

You're pissed off at a retailer that you DIDN'T BUY FROM because you weren't knowledgeable enough to determine which accessories you would need to install a head unit in your car using the information they provide for free on their site?!

You are aware that all you have to do is input your vehicle information and when you add a head unit (or any other item) to your cart on Crutchfield they will provide a list of required or suggested accessories? For instance, when you add a Pioneer FH-X720BT to your cart and your selected vehicle is a first generation Scion xB a pop up window appears suggesting two different accessory options. The cheapest of these is $8.48 and includes the wiring harness, as well as the dash kit you are complaining about. Not to mention the free installation instructions that no one else provides.

If you're looking for the "Easy Button" in the future, perhaps try Sonic Electronix. They are still offering free installation accessories on some makes and models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.