Scion xB Forum banner

HELP with Factory Alarm

19K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  audioroach 
#1 ·
I was hoping someone could help me out with figuring out what's wrong with my alarm. Whenever I go to unlock my car with the alarm I push unlock and immediately the alarm goes off as if I had pushed the panic button. Eventually after pushing it a couple of times it will turn off. I've already changed the battery on the alarm and also re-programmed the alarm. Anybody have this problem or have any suggestions? Anything would help :)

#2 ·
Do you have aftermarket alarm, Scion security or just a standard remote lock/unlock?
Try using a second remote if you have one and see if the same thing happens. May be something inside the remote activates Panic when you push Unlock?

#5 ·
Well, I bought mine used, so that's why the got away with only giving me one remote. The only thing I can think of that could maybe be a problem is my rear drivers side door lock actuator isn't working...dunno if that would cause any trouble. Yeah, hopefully it's just my remote or else its gonna suck!! thanks tho

#6 ·
FWIW, I have the same issue. I click on the unlock button, the locks unlock and then lock again. The alarm goes off. If I hit unlock one or more times again, eventually the "unlock" will take and the alarm will stop. I am still investigating the issue and I will post back the answer if I'm able to resolve it. If someone else figures it out, let us know. TIA.

#10 ·
The light above the ashtray that says Scion Security does light up after I lock it sometimes. Last night I locked it and it was solid and then began flashing after about 30 seconds. I checked this morning and it was still flashing. I can try reporgramming, but I have seen other say that it doesn't fix the problem. It's just odd that it randomly started happening.

#12 ·
If you keep having troubles, pop open the case and remove the battery, make sure that all the button-to-terminal connections are clean, check to see if the chip inside has become off center or tilted then put the battery back in and try it, if not most local shops or dealers can assist you in figuring it out for no cost.

#13 ·
I've tried reprogramming and cleaning the termials with no luck. Sometimes I can get the doors to unlock without the alarm going off, but then the driver door will not lock when I push the lock button. I'll have to get this checked out the next time I am getting some work done. Thanks.

#15 ·
I noticed that the driver side door lock was not locking when I pushed the lock button on the door too. After some research I found that the lock actuator needed to be replaced. I actually took both door panels off and you could tell that there was something wrong with the driver's side one. I bought it from the Toyota dealer and replaced it with a buddy. It has worked perfectly ever since. No more alarms.

#17 ·
Just an FYI: The First Gen XB which were slotted for USA distribution unlike Canada ones have No type of Immobilizer or any type theft device as standard equipment. This means that can be are easily hotwired asnd stolen. You may want to re evaluate your decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.