Scion xB Forum banner

**The PLASTI-DIP Thread**

111K views 385 replies 73 participants last post by  Myopic 
#1 ·
Seems to be the hot new trend. Some people just do there wheels, some people do there entire car !

Lets make this thread entirely on Plastdipped xB's. Post PICS, ask questions, and share your Plastidip expiriences.

My first question is.....

Does anyone know if Plasti Dip helps protect your vehicle in winter months from salty roads and nasty weather, or will it trap more of the stuff you dont want underneath?

#7 ·
A gent in my local club is doing his whole car for Sanitarium.
I'm not sure if he's on the forum, but I'll get pleanty of photos, and ask all the right questions about his process.

I'd also like to take this moment to point out what does not work for Plastidip, and that is using sand as a texture on your hood.
If you'd like to find out more, visit my how-not-to-do thread hijack here.: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46209&page=4

#19 ·
Good to know about the brakes. I just want to make them not look like rust especially with my new rims coming.

#24 ·
Emblems are dipped black. My 17s were black but I've removed them since. I sprayed my steelies black as well and they've held up all winter although I'm in Maryland. No issues so far. I washed my car last weekend and got some Hot Shine on the rim while trying to just get the tire. I said f'it and sprayed the whole rim instead. It came out pretty good. No more flat black as it looks shiny now, lol.

---------- Post added 03-12-2013 at 10:07 AM ----------

Before:

After:

#26 ·
As long as you take care of it it will last a while... Also when you go to clean your car use Simple Green and let it soak for a few minutes then pressure wash it off... Check out the forums over on DipYourCar.com for more info

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#27 ·
Hopefully when the weather warms up I'll get a chance to dip my wheelcovers. I can't afford fancy rims or anything so the steelies are staying put, but playing with different colors and patterns on the covers will be fun. Maybe I can find red Plasti-Dip to match my red streak decal and do a combination red/black radial pattern on the covers.

Then again, maybe my utter failure in any artistic field will show and I'll wuss out with plain black :p

#29 ·
My sister controls the art studio (small separate building) and with bulldogs in the house I'm confined to the shed/garage building in the back of the property for my workshop, which has no heating. To ventilate the main room properly I'd have to open one of the big doors, and the current VA weather isn't good for doing that now. I'm stuck waiting for nicer weather :(

#32 ·
Hey all if you have any questions about plastic dip (PD) I have sprayed 5 vehicles now and about to re-do my xB and I have photos to go with them.

My xB was originally BCP but I have sprayed it Matte White ... but after this weekend it will prob be green

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.