Need help bad 2nd gen fog light switch harness location and Installation - Scion xB Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LIT Legend is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Need help bad 2nd gen fog light switch harness location and Installation

Where does the brown connector for the fog switch connect to.. everyone say 5 pony in dash but the brown connector isn't a 5 pin so how does it connect makes no sense and where does the outside harness plu into. All forums and sites say how to put it in but not how to plug it in wtf. I need help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Where does the brown connector for the fog switch connect to.. everyone say 5 pony in dash but the brown connector isn't a 5 pin so how does it connect makes no sense and where does the outside harness plu into. All forums and sites say how to put it in but not how to plug it in wtf. I need help
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-15-2019, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
RS2SYBOX is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Need help bad 2nd gen fog light switch harness location and Installation

Which fog lights are you installing? Are they OEM or aftermarket?

Reason is, OEM connects directly to the harness behind the traction control button. Should be taped up somewhere in there and have 4 pins/wires

If you bought the Winjet fogs like I did; the fog light switch has a 5 pin connector. So you can either wire them directly as the instructions show, with the fuse, relay and wiring, independent of the stock wiring harness, or you can go the route I took and connect the fogs to the stock harness and then splice into the OEM wiring.

I donít have the xB2 on hand currently to check the wiring but itís not too hard to do if you have a multimeter and some patience. I believe the Winjet switch harness has 2 ground wires in red, and the other two are for power to the switch (lights up green) and the fog light power.

It does take a little more time than just a direct plug and play, but unfortunately its the price we pay for aftermarket vs OEM.

Unless you want to buy an OEM fog light switch? That would alleviate any splicing issues and would be a direct plug in even with aftermarket fog lights hooked up to the OEM harness on the bumper. They are a little pricier than I expected at around ~$50-$60 from the glance I took but that is also another option.

Hopefully this helps!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page