What’s up guys? - Scion xB Forum
New Buyers Thinking of buying an xB ? Waiting for your xB to arrive ? Discuss all related topics before you're handed the keys here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By se-r_dad
  • 1 Post By wagonbldr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-25-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ayecey is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
What’s up guys?

Just got my 2006 Scion Xb two nights ago, I am in love. I’ve always wanted one! I ended up settling for a Nissan Cube and it was really nice but I love the xb so much more. I’m excited that it’s a manual! We were only supposed to test drive the car but ended up buying it. Originally they had it listed for $7000 but it had been on the lot for over a month and they usually only sell new cars it was a trade in so we got it for $4,125. I’ve owned Honda’s, a wrx-sti, an rsx and a cube and I have to say it’s definitely my favorite. I know that’s horrible to say because Subaru’s are awesome 😂 but this is going to be so much easier and cheaper to maintain I am STOKED. So my new baby is a base model everything is stock it’s the black onyx pearl and I’m wondering.... what everyone is doing as far as aftermarket parts? What’s the first thing you did to your cars when you got them? Anyone know of any sweet deals out there? I think my first thing will be putting HIDs in her. I’m night blind so I really need them.

🏻
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	864A3EAA-A472-4CF8-B731-BECAC6E290FD_1551133695487.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	73134   Click image for larger version

Name:	59324C9B-A613-444C-A5A6-4D7076798D48_1551133727830.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	73136  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
se-r_dad is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What’s up guys?

Hello and welcome,
Its funny how coming from a fast cars into a 1.5 liter quickly becomes you favorite, same with me. HID sounds like a good start have you looked into LEDS. I purchased Lasfit mid grade for $50 on Ebay and they are fantastic and super bright, had them for about 6 months now.
I see you have an arm rest as well, which is an add on, I still need one but I keep wondering if it would be too high with my FR-S seats. Updrade parts are harder to come by these days, usually ppl on this forum just part it out and you have to catch what you would want before someone else does.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
dubeexb06 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-26-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ayecey is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Riiight? I think it’s because it’s so roomy but also fun to drive. I LOVE them. Mine actually started doing something really annoying though. If it’s cold out and I’m driving and have the heater or defrost on at stop lights it will scream like a belt or pulley but as soon as I switch the heat off it stops. Sometimes it stops on its own when I get through first gear and push the clutch in to shift into second. It’s not all the time. It’s so annoying. I did a little searching and it may just be the belt or pulley needing to be tightened. 🏻 But I’m not sure. 🤔 and to be honest I don’t use the arm rest at all. It actually gets in the way just because it’s directly over the e-brake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-26-2019, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough
Re: Whatís up guys?

Welcome to da club !! Sounds like you need a belt tightened !! Let the mods begin !!
post #5 of 7 Old 02-26-2019, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
se-r_dad is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What’s up guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayecey View Post
Riiight? I think itís because itís so roomy but also fun to drive. I LOVE them. Mine actually started doing something really annoying though. If itís cold out and Iím driving and have the heater or defrost on at stop lights it will scream like a belt or pulley but as soon as I switch the heat off it stops. Sometimes it stops on its own when I get through first gear and push the clutch in to shift into second. Itís not all the time. Itís so annoying. I did a little searching and it may just be the belt or pulley needing to be tightened. 🏻 But Iím not sure. 🤔 and to be honest I donít use the arm rest at all. It actually gets in the way just because itís directly over the e-brake.
Well of course if you power slide with the e-brake it would get in the way. The defrost uses the a/c so when your belt squiks on defrost just turn the knob counterclockwise to switch it off. You can also use a belt spray, it will soften the belt and instantly stop the squick. Just a few sprays will stop it, dont actually soak it.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 02-26-2019, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Family. First mods are usually the hardest because you are starting with a clean slate. Don't get overwhelmed, take your time and make it your own.
dubeexb06 likes this.

RS 2.0 #923
RS 7.0 #528
Just another Wonderful day in Paradise, now watch some SOB try to ruin it.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-04-2019, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jcXB is on a distinguished road
Re: Whatís up guys?

Congratulations on your purchase. I saw this in my e-mail and its nice to know people are still buying xBs. I bought my 2005 Black Cherry Pearl in June 2009 and I still have it to this day, saved me a ton of money and time with how easy it is to work on. I recommend doing HID Projectors over just dropping in HID's, you'll end up spending a lot more but it is totally worth it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page