Southern Indiana newbie - Scion xB Forum
New Buyers Thinking of buying an xB ? Waiting for your xB to arrive ? Discuss all related topics before you're handed the keys here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Myopic

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BOPBOX is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Southern Indiana newbie

Hey everyone I bought a 2006.5 in blue onyx pearl. It's a 5 speed and only needs cosmetics. I'm on the Facebook sites mostly but decided to join up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_205804_359_1517759643667.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	70017  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough
Re: Southern Indiana newbie

Welcome to da club !! Ask any ? you may have and ... Let the mods begin !!!
post #3 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeexb06 View Post
Welcome to da club !! Ask any ? you may have and ... Let the mods begin !!!
Thanks! I already got jdm bB headlights and fogs from some facebook group members ?
I got bulbs for the fogs tonight I think they're xtravisions from Sylvania. I need to get 194 sockets for the city lights, the dealer has my fog "bracket" push on grommet thing coming in. I got a switch and relay from the junkyard but might buy a Toyota oem switch with the light on eBay. I bought and installed a bB grille badge. Got a camo hatch with the spoiler from the junkyard waiting to be painted...

More updates coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_319287851896839_1517788226871.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	70057   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180202_173328_1517788254016.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	70065   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_193556_704_1517788450266.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	70073  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 07:25 PM
JPB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
JPB is on a distinguished road

Just wondering, is a left hand dipping headlamp lens going to work in a country where you drive on the right? The bB's headlamps dip to the left, which is fine here as we drive on the left so dip needs to be to the left, but as the bulb holders in bB headlamps have only one way in which to fit the lamp shells, and that way is to focus the low beams to the left, will you not in fact need to fit your original xB lens to the bB lamp shells?
The Philippines imported loads of bBs and crudely converted them to lhd, so crudely in fact that they left the gear shift lever on the same side of the column as it is on the original, RHD bB, but that country may be a good source of lhd lamps.

John

post #5 of 6 Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Just wondering, is a left hand dipping headlamp lens going to work in a country where you drive on the right? The bB's headlamps dip to the left, which is fine here as we drive on the left so dip needs to be to the left, but as the bulb holders in bB headlamps have only one way in which to fit the lamp shells, and that way is to focus the low beams to the left, will you not in fact need to fit your original xB lens to the bB lamp shells?
The Philippines imported loads of bBs and crudely converted them to lhd, so crudely in fact that they left the gear shift lever on the same side of the column as it is on the original, RHD bB, but that country may be a good source of lhd lamps.
That's a really good question, I've read up on it and as with most import mods... we basically adjust things to be road legal and forget about it. Lol

I've read you can adjust them in more to the right side but I'll find out when I get there I suppose. I'll take pictures of what the focus point is before I adjust them at all. But the plan is to run either LED or HID bulbs. For now I'll be running the 9003 bulbs and order the aforementioned bulbs afterwards.

??
post #6 of 6 Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Crew Chief for Loaned xB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Myopic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
You made an excellent inquiry.

My JDM TYC projector headlamps came setup for a RHD Toyota BB. I opened them and reversed the slanted plate which blocks the light at the top right of the beams. This reversal resulted in the light being blocked at the top left of the beams and they now work correctly for a LHD Scion xB.

I do not know how, or if, any other brand of BB headlamps can be changed in this manner.
JPB likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page