OK, the landau foam came in so it was a busy weekend for me.
First thing was to cover the dash with the foam
Then covered it with the vinyl I had stitched up last week and decided to add some of the copper straps and brass Chicago screws that I have on the head liner and rear hatch lip.
And then into the car it goes.
Then I got bored and a minor mod I saw on Facebook that caught my eye got done. Cut up some of the matching leather for me seats as inserts for the center console cup holders and cubby.
Then this morning it was on to finishing up the cover for me steering wheel. Again I used the matching leather for the seats. Cut a strip to wrap around the wheel and spokes, sewed it along all the edges, then laced it up around the wheel. That last bit was not fun and it has to be pulled tight so as not to slip and I managed to under cut the leather a bit so I had to pull and stretch the leather every other lace step. All told it took five hours to do the steering wheel. Most of the stitching was done over the previous week though.
Last shot of the wheel before.
And the finished product.
The leather is pulled so tight that even the finger indents on the back of the wheel are clearly defined.
All in all I'm happy with all the work. There are a few goofs on the dash that I'm hoping to smooth out more over time but they are minor and I'm not doing all that work again for quite awhile.