Scion xB Forum banner

What did you do to your xb today??

2M views 16K replies 701 participants last post by  BAK2SQ1 
#1 ·
Im gona try and start a new thread on "What did u do to your XB today"

I'll start.

I put my winter tires away and put my spring/summer tires back on. Lowered it back down and put my Tusdo (sp) back on.

J.

#89 ·

its bad. it bend the front support beam. so there is most likely alot of structual damage. damn ball hitch reciever. i rear ended the guy in front of me because i took my eyes off the road for a second to check out a garage sale. and im rollin about 10-15 mph. not to fast it was a stop and go sort of deal. long back up at a light. so i thought we were going to keep going but i guess the light went red again. so i rear end this tundra in front of me. that guy: he didnt get a single scratch on his car. not one damn scratch. but he took my insurance and was like you never know my neck could be hurtin in a couple days.

luckly im on my dads plan and it has full coverage. but my rates will be going:

hopefully they can either fix my car or get me a new one.

#90 ·
^^ Now's your chance to maybe roll a CF hood or get a new grille!

I continued putting dynamat in my car.
I should've done this years ago, no one told me!

My subs in the back sound ever better, less rattling except one tiny rattle I must find! lol

I also cut a couple of my fingers from the aluminum foil part of the dynamat.

I hope I have enough for the rear doors, not sure where else is the most beneficial.

#92 ·
Sucks to see Justin. But go to a shop that will work with you. A CF hood and body kit is cheaper than OEM parts. Just ask the outright during the appraisal, its not illegal or anything. I've done it a few times. And doing that, there may be $ left over for some 2 tone paint or graphics!

#93 ·
I ask the insurance company for the "outright"? What's that? I want to do this but I dont know to work the system. I've never done it. Lol but I want a seibon carbon fiber hood but th hood I want is 500$ and theres only one aftermarket complete bumper cover replacement and I don't like it. I just want my oem bumper. As for the fenders I don't know. I like the extreme dimensions vented fenders but I'm worried about figment. I like oem fitment. So I think the only thing I want out of this is the carbon fiber hood. But my grilles and headlights are toast. All the mnting brackets snapped in the collision and the projector mnts are broke. So if I can get my headlights replaced as well as my grill and a cf hood I'll be happy. How should I got about this? I'm on my dads plan and he has full coverage insurance with nationwide. And they damn sure better be on my side.

#95 ·
Talk to your adjuster and the body shop your car is at, tell them that you want the CF hood and different headlights, ask them the price difference between replacing with Toyota OEM (since that's more expensive) and the aftermarket parts you want.

Chances are they are gonna want you to go with aftermarket OEM parts to save the insurance company money but if you (the customer) demands Toyota parts they have to comply. Then compare the price difference between Toyota parts and the parts you want and you'll pay the difference.

I just got thru dealing with my insurance company and body shop with replacing my suspension and I walked away a happy camper, I broke one strut and got a brand new coilover suspension outta it.

Chances are the headlights are gonna be cheaper than Toyota headlights so you'll save money there and the Toyota hood is gonna be a little less than the CF hood so you might end up breaking even on the deal and just have to pay your deductible.

#97 ·
LOL, I meant ask them outright, the body shop that is. The adjuster doesn't need to know ****, they are just gonna ok the estimate. The body shop will include an OEM hood and other parts on the estimate, which costs more than the aftermarket. Then you work with the body shop getting the stuff you really want. Call me if you need any info, i've done this before and have several friends in the biz that do it regularly. Its totally legit, the only way the insurance company would balk at it is if your trying to get more expensive stuff than what the OEM costs.

#98 ·
well this may work for me. ill tell them the headlights are toast (wich they are, they will need replaced) and that instead of replacing the original scion xb headlights to not worry about it and then use the money that WOULD go to an OEM hood and OEM headlights towards the SEIBON DV hood. its 660 plus shipping. how much is do the painted OEM hoods and OEM headlights go for?

i have aftermarket lights on my XB right now. and they are broken but i still have the OEMs one at home. now will they push to replace the aftermarket or try and replace with OEM?

i may also get the extreme dimension side fenders as well. anybody have anything to say on those? because a replacemnt fender is around 230 bucks. these 199 a fender so thats another 60 to go towards the hood

#100 ·
I pulled mine out of the garage to get to the lawnmower so I could cut my grass. Does that count for anything?

#103 ·
Fixed my exhaust leak by changing the flange gasket and installing a new SS header as well. Since it was an eBay header (I'm assuming this) that the header was a little longer than stock so the part of the exhaust after the cat sat lower and was hitting against the cross bar. So in addition to tightening up the hangers with mechanics wire, I had to get new bolts, washers, and nuts to replace bolt + spring combo that was on the stock set up. The new header's flange didn't have threads. Here are the pics!

Old gasket LAWL

Quick fix for hanger issues

Flange

No more nasty exhaust leaks!!!