Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front sway bar questions

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  timfiredog 
#1 ·
I have the Progress RSB and the TRD Shock, Strut, & Springs. I wanted to stiffen the front a little with a front sway bar, but I have only been able to find the hotchkis set. I only need the front sway bar. I don't need the strut tower brace yet, cause in my opinion it's more of a show thing. The strut towers are right up against the firewall so I don't see how much more it's going to reduce flex. I am sure it does a little but I think a front sway bar would do more then the strut tower bar.

I know the xB is front wheel drive and I should expect to have the front end dip in hard cornering but it would be nice to tighten it up just a little more. My brother finally convinced me to autocross my xB. Well that's about it. Any company names, where I can order from, and prices would be much appriciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Just get new endlinks and mounts, no need for the whole bar to be replaced.

Energy Suspensions has everything. I don't have any of the part numbers handy.

#3 ·
Hmmmm, you will read many different opinions on the tower brace, but I agree with you, it seemd be more for looks (but it does look damn good). As far as sway bars go, Eibach makes a set, I personally have the hotchkis bars and I love them. Question about autocrossing for you, Have you contacted SCCA about that car, last year I was told the xB is to tall and would not pass tech for solo events. I have been an SCCA member for 15 years, and racing for 14 consecutive yrs. You may want to contact them about the regulations on the box. As far as locating the bars, check out www.tirerack.com They have always been the source for the autocross guys.

#4 ·
I dunno about the SCCA thing, but I will definately find out. I was kinda worried about the something along the lines of the box being too tall. If I find out I'll let you know.

#5 ·
Hey squirell, I was looking at the energy suspensions I'm guessing I'd have to use a universal app. if I decided to change only the endlinks and bushings right?

On a side note to the post what are your feelings on frame braces?

#7 ·
I used to run Solo I and II back in the early to mid-80s. It was a blast and was running a 1976 Celica GT Liftback w/ an 18RG in it also. Autopower roll bar, Corbeau fixed back seat, Simpson harnesses, Quickor front sway bar, Suspension Techniques rear sway bar, TRD shocks and springs (when they sold the race stuff for the street), custom exhaust, re-jetted Mikunis, double core radiaotr and electric fan, fuel cell and new fuel pump and regulator, Accel supercoil, and I can't remember what else. Oh, the bubble low and high beam light covers, Hella 80/100w low beam lights and 100w high beam lights, upgraded alternator, and 100w fogs too. I used to do some seriuous canyons runs at night.

#8 ·
hell, yea, 1976 VW SCIROCCO here. Autohaus bars, Recaro buckets. VDub shop suspension. webers on that bad boy. I had the bitching rear window louvers and the pacesetter exhaust. I wish I still had that car.

#9 ·
timfiredog said:
hell, yea, 1976 VW SCIROCCO here. Autohaus bars, Recaro buckets. VDub shop suspension. webers on that bad boy. I had the bitching rear window louvers and the pacesetter exhaust. I wish I still had that car.
On my other Celica (I had two liftbacks), I was running a slightly massaged 20 RC, more like a 22 RC, w/ weber sidedrafts, reground cams, Thorley header, double valve springs, no cat, and an Ansa exhaust!

Yeah, the Sciroccos dominated CSP as did the Mazda RX-2s ond 3s when I was running.

Remember the Kamei flare kit!?! My buddy ran one of those, lowered and w/ 15s. Back tehn 15s were what 20s are today.

#11 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.