LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-30-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nick Jensen is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Swap question

I have a 09 release series xb im interested as out there as it is i want to swap a 3.9l cummins 4 cyl diesel but not sure if im gonna need to chop it or not i dont care if i have to but its a project me and a buddy think will be fun and out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Lots o leather and copper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
GregS is on a distinguished road
Re: Swap question

I think your biggest issue is going to be drive train sourcing. Pretty sure those engines are rarely if ever mated up to a FWD set up so unless you plan on cutting a driveshaft tunnel and sourcing a completely new rear end you're going to have a hard time finding a transmission to mate up with it. Even if there is a FWD transmission designed for the engine it's not going to fit in the xB without serious modification and engineering. And since the engine displacement is 60% larger than stock, in an already cramped engine compartment I'd say that yes, you will have to cut up a lot to get this to fit. If you want to try it I say go for it but be prepared to spend a lot of money and a lot of time doing it. You're probably looking at several thousand dollars worth of money just making everything fit and work and easily months of work. Good luck with it though.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-03-2017, 06:59 AM
JPB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
JPB is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Swap question

If you can find a way to do this, then go for it! From the technical, logical and economic viability points of view, the idea is absolutely crazy and that's why I'm looking forward to seeing this happen.
AMC sold almost 150,000 Pacers and, if an idea that ridiculous can work, you're home & dry!

John

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page