LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
XB_Tahoe is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Looking for advice on selling 2008 Gen 2 Scion XB

Hello, I was just wondering if there was some advice out there for selling my Scion.. i.e. what are some simple things that I can do to increase the value of my car.

Where is the best place to advertise?

Thanks!
XB_Tahoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
PapaJ is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for advice on selling 2008 Gen 2 Scion XB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB_Tahoe View Post
Hello, I was just wondering if there was some advice out there for selling my Scion.. i.e. what are some simple things that I can do to increase the value of my car.

Where is the best place to advertise?

Thanks!
XB_Tahoe
Get a professional detail, including the engine. If the engine looks clean, people will assume it's been well taken care of. If it looks dirty, they will think the opposite, even if you have all service records and it's been perfectly maintained. Not sure about advertising though.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Resident American Viking

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nordic is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for advice on selling 2008 Gen 2 Scion XB

+1 on the detailing.

You can buy a small steam cleaner for about $100ish. Great for cars and inside when the dog/cat does it's business on your rug.

Wagner also sells steamers you can use to safely clean your engine bay.

After that, buy a bottle of Mother's VLR. It's in a red bottle and can be purchased for less than $10. Clean smell and works extremely well. To shine up the plastics of the interior, you can buy an Eagle One aerosol spray that lasts a long time and makes that plastic shine!

Tire shine works wonders in pictures.

Claybar your exterior, wax it with a quality wax.

These are things you can do at home, even if you're a novice.

Take good pictures of all angles of your car from 15 feet away so people can see the ENTIRE car. I can't tell you how many morons take pictures of their cars from two feet back and you can't see the entire car. It's annoying.

Craigslist will work just fine for selling. If you are on Facebook, find a local Buy/Sell/Trade page for vehicles in your area. On the FB groups, people tend to be very ignorant and do not read things. If you do not want to trade the vehicle, make sure you state that in caps. Also, you don't take payments, so make that clear in caps too. Put stars around all that so they at least see it, especially at the top of your ad. Otherwise, you'll get people asking if you can take payments or want to trade for their 89 Cavalier and $500.

Also, be prepared for "low ballers." They're the people that will offer you 1/2 of your asking price because your car needs an oil change, has a scratch, etc.

I do not have patience for people like that, so I tend to be very rude to ignorant people and low ballers when selling a car. For example, when I sold my XB1, someone on Facebook asked if it had a third row seat. To which I replied "Does it look like it has a third row?"

---------- Post added 01-24-2017 at 08:47 PM ----------

Also, clean all your windows and wipe them after with a clean microfiber. I cannot stand looking at a car and looking out of dirty windows.

Simple car cleaning will make your car more attractive. Another thing to add is that if you don't have rubber floor mats, go buy a set. It will cost you $30ish for a decent set and makes the interior more appealing. Plus if you have multiple test drives, all the people riding in it will bring their own dirt on their shoes. I wouldn't want to be vacuuming the carpet every time someone looks at the car.

2008 Scion XB2 5MT//1976 Toyota Celica GT LB//2004 Toyota Tundra TRD 4WD//1998 Chevy Corvette

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page