LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Imtoasty is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Crank, no start

My beloved '05 xB is sick! Today I went to start her up like usual and she died after about 10 seconds. I restarted her an then she died after about 2 seconds. Now I can't get her to start, the starter engages but the engine doesn't fire up? What could it be? I'm guessing fuel pump.

Recently (within the last 6 months) I've replaced plugs, coils, thermostat, alternator, water pump, and cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor. I seemingly had "bad gas" from a shady gas station during the rainy season this year, and now I only get gas from one brand new station next to my house that does a large amount of business, and haven't had issues since that tank...

Also, yesterday the car was running in top form, I might've driven her as hard as she's ever been driven, but she didn't miss a beat and seemed to love it.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-22-2019, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough
Re: Crank, no start

Bad gas does $uck !!! Had that once years ago so I always go to stations that are busy and never fill up when they are getting gas !!! I am thinking the fuel filter but now they are with the fuel pump !!!! G/L !!!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Imtoasty is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Hey all,

So I'm embarrassed to say it, but the solution to my problem was very simple. I did two things at once that not only solved my fueling issue, but completely changed the way my xB drives. First thing I did was to change out the EFI relay. I had changed it for a new part previously, but figured I might've gotten a bad unit (cheap Chinese aftermarket parts).

The second thing I did was to take out the mass airflow sensor and really clean it. Previously I had sprayed off the needle part like a friend showed me, then re install it. That needle is only the temperature sensor. So I took the MAF back out and gave it a deep cleaning, let it dry out and reinstalled it.

Holy smokes does my car drive better! Not only does it not die when it's hot out, but I've found extra power that I was missing between 2500&4000k rpm's. My gas mileage averages out between 36-39 mpgs, and my engine doesn't shake and stutter when the A/C is on at idle.

It turns out you could be doing something completely wrong, and not know it! Careful out there!
wagonbldr and dubeexb06 like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page