post #1 of 11 Old 06-23-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Old School xB Builder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
RaysxB is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
So i wanna confess.....i may have a problem....

Okay, so I have to make a little confession. In Recent days, I have had a moment of weekness or two...

So follow along as i tell my story. The other day i was minding my own business driving my xB to work when i saw a lonely little xB sitting in front of a title loan place along the highway. So to express my concern, i called the title loan place and inquired on t he lonely xb. It appeared that it's previous owner took out a title loan on it and then defaulted. None the less they lost her to the title loan company. They said that they were gonna offer it for bid. Which meant that anyone interested could enter a silent bid. After they recieved 3 bids the car would go to the highest bidder. I was like i need to go check it out. So I went down a few days later and checked it out. It looks like the old owner hit the pole at the gas pump and down damaged both the drivers side doors.

Against my better judgment i felt compelled to put in a bid on it. Which i did. Four days later they called me and said i won the bid!

So I scored a 2006 camouflage green xB automatic for $800.00 with a clean title. It has 135,000 miles on it. So now i have four gen 1 xBs in my garage! I know, i know, im up to four now... I think i might be in need of an intervention....

In my defense, i do just happened to have an extra set of doors that are ironically the same color that were just sitting here needing a new home. So i figured that they just needed a car to make use of them. Solved not just one, but two problems today!

It runs good, shifts good in all gears, cruise control is working but the VSC, Trac Off, and Check Engine Lights are all on. So I hooked it up to my OBDII scanner and it is throwing both p0010 and p0012 codes. Pretty sure its just a faulty cam sensor. I just happen to have 3 extra complete engines sitting here in my garage so im pretty sure i have one of those too.

Is there such a thing as too many scions.? This makes us a 5 scion household...

'07 black sand pearl tC (hers)
'04 camouflage xB (mine)
'05 black sand pearl xB (mine)
'05 solar yellow rs 2.0 xb (mine)
'06 camouflage xB (mine)

Just to balance out my crazy, I still have my lifted V10 Excursion too... (Aka Toy hauler)

Does this mean i have a xb issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
42_Hugo is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: So i wanna confess.....i may have a problem....

I feel that the correct word would be PASSIONATE.

We all have hobbies. It just so happens that its one that you can afford. Or so it seems. If buying all those xb's is interfering with your families welfare (living,food,clothing,utilities). Then my friend, I'd say we need to get you some help.

I have an 05 that I really want to mod out, "but the way my bank is set up...."lol. Kevin Hart reference in case I didn't quote it right.
Its is my daily, that I love from its paint chipped front lip to its dipped tail trim. Dipped hubs to its faded oxidized rubber window trim. Its not the best out here in Washington, non the less, you can find me on 167 during rush hours with my windows down blastin my 15 like its the best box out here.

We here on the forum are here, not cause we want to belong, but more that we feel a certain emotion for these rides that I can only describe as PASSION.

Bless up BOX FAM. Have an awesome weekend, and a safe 4th of July.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Mushu
post #3 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
Well Said, couldn't agree with you more.
42_Hugo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough

I wish I could buy another 1st gen XB myself !! Want to keep mine like .. FOREVER and just hope she goes on till I can not drive any more !!!

SOoooo, your OK I my book !!!
42_Hugo likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
42_Hugo is on a distinguished road
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42_Hugo View Post
I feel that the correct word would be PASSIONATE.

We all have hobbies. It just so happens that its one that you can afford. Or so it seems. If buying all those xb's is interfering with your families welfare (living,food,clothing,utilities). Then my friend, I'd say we need to get you some help.

I have an 05 that I really want to mod out, "but the way my bank is set up...."lol. Kevin Hart reference in case I didn't quote it right.
Its is my daily, that I love from its paint chipped front lip to its dipped tail trim. Dipped hubs to its faded oxidized rubber window trim. Its not the best out here in Washington, non the less, you can find me on 167 during rush hours with my windows down blastin my 15 like its the best box out here.

We here on the forum, are here not cause we want to belong, but more that we feel a certain emotion for these rides that I can only describe as PASSION.

Bless up BOX FAM. Have an awesome weekend, and a safe 4th of July.

Mushu
post #6 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Old School xB Builder

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well guys I appreciate the support . to answer the questions at hand, the kids get fed, the lights are on, the house payments made, and I've still got money at the end of the month. so I guess that means I'm doing something right. I love my scions and I love clubxb. I've been a member this community for over 10 years and I've been a die-hard Scion Advocate since 2004.
42_Hugo likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Bock's Car

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
DickInABox is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! Right color paint and everything. On day I hope to have a collection too.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 Old 06-29-2017, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Old School xB Builder

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well i spent the weekend getting the scion put together. I swear the person who owned it never ever cleaned it and smoked like a freight train in it.

I replaced the drivers front and rear doors with the one on my parts car. Luckily it was camouflage too. The drivers side doors aparently met with a pillar at the gas station.

I replaced the cam sensor with one i had again on the parts car. Reset the lights on the dash. It is no longer throwing any codes.

I did not have a hatch handle on the parts car. The one that was on this xb was hanging by the wires. They even used sheetrock screws to try to hold it to the hatch. I had a red handle on one of my extra hatches in my stash. I had no camouflage paint to spray it so i painted it black instead.

I could not get the interior to stop stinking from the cigarette smell. I replaced the headliner, it was completely black from smoke. I litterally had to replace the headliner with one of the extra ones i had in my stash. I also replaced everything that was cloth in the interior. I took everything else out and bribed the kids with slushies to scrub it all with a brush, soap and water.

When driving it had a really bad vibration when and the steering wheel would jerk left and right quickly when driving. I replaced the steelies that were on it, all the tires were mismatched and bald. I swapped them with an extra set of steelies that had new tires on them. Problem with vibration ans steering solved. Apparently one of the old wheels were bent too.

Now all is good other than minor scratches and a ding here or there. The hoods clear coat is peeling on left and right side. I am gonna get some camouflage paint and gonna spray the hood, hatch handle and i have an extra wing for the hatch when i have time.

---------- Post added 06-29-2017 at 11:35 AM ----------

I just got a call from a friend to go look at another one. Heading there now....
post #9 of 11 Old 07-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough

Saving our XBs one at a time !!!!

Love it !!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 11 Old 07-01-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Old School xB Builder

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Checked the other xb out and it needs more work than its worth. No title. Its in a salvage yard currently.

In sc once the vehicle is considered to be totaled the owner if given the option to buy it back with a salvage title. If they do not want to buy it back once it is totaled, the insurance company sells the car to a salvage yard.
The title is registered as "FOR PARTS ONLY". From that Point forward even if you were to buy the whole car from a salvage yard you are never able to get a title for it again. In Az where im originally from, you can file for abandoned/lost title or repair the vehicle have it inspected and create a rebuilt title. Not the case here in sc. There is no way around it.

Thought about it for a parts car but i already have one.
42_Hugo likes this.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
hollywood43 is on a distinguished road

Nope no problem

I wish I could find a cheap manual first gen to fix up.

2005 TCM / Koni / H&R / Hotchkis / Enkei 92's / Injen / Focal / Pioneer.

Tried to keep it stock but everything keeps breaking, could of bought a new car by now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page