Dyke in a Box
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Re: What did you do to your xb today??
Addressing a bunch of questions:
- KBD lip kit is from KBD here: Scion XB 2004-2007 Premier Style 4 Piece Polyurethane Full Body Kit
- I'm running stock side skirts, stock bumpers, and the KBD front/rear lips.
- The rear bumper is black because it's a replacement OEM from Toyota because my old one was cracked from traveling over ice.
- This lip kit is hella rugged and a lot sturdier than the OEM. It's polyurethane, which flexes a TON and moves easily unlike fiberglass, which is too brittle to bend and just cracks instead. It hangs maybe an inch lower in front and rear so it's not a big deal. Fitment is good on the back, the front had to be trimmed at the sides to line up with the mounting points.
- The KBD kit does not come with mounting hardware. Get yourself a bunch of hex bolts and locking nuts, zip ties, whatever. Removing plastic push rivets sucks ass.
- Yes the rear is scuffed from being slid around a concrete garage floor. It came nice and pretty - I'm the one who scuffed it while working on it. Because I do dip instead of paint I don't give a **** about surface scuffs lol.
(Not a dude.)
Have you heard of our Lord and Savior Plasti-Dip?
Last edited by Icedragon; 07-08-2019 at 02:11 PM.