Scion xB Home

Go Back   Scion xB Forum > Scion xB - Generations > 1st Gen: 2003 - 2007 Scion xB > Scion xB Engine, Tech, & Performance
Scion xB Engine, Tech, & Performance Discuss Scion xB engine, tech, & performance related topics here. Scion xB performance upgrades like Scion xB exhaust, Scion xB turbos and supercharges. Anything to make your Scion xB go fast!!!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Polar Express

Polar Express is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Dead Battery and Clicking

Hi Everyone! I am a new member to this club. Yesterday, I drove to work and parked the car in the office parking lot. I went back to the car to find a dead battery. There was a ticking noise coming from the dashboard. When I turned the key in the ignition the lights on the dashboard began to flash. All the lights were turned off, however, I do have alarm. The alarm was installed by the dealer. I was told by the dealer that the car had gone into stress because of the low battery. The car is less than a month old. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Padanky
TheOtherGuys

Padanky is on a distinguished road
Not sure, did you leave your lights on, maybe dome light. That is probably the only thing that will run the battery down while unattended.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Polar Express

I thought all the lights were turned off. Thanks. BTW, I love your Scion XB. I also drive a Polar White.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
DTRAIN619
VIP Member
Undercover Moderator

DTRAIN619 is a jewel in the roughDTRAIN619 is a jewel in the roughDTRAIN619 is a jewel in the rough
IIRC, doesn't the dome light turn off automatically after a while if the door/doors are left open? Could be discharging somehow, any changes to your audio system? Or the battery could just be tired, I remember new cars at the dealership I worked at having low or dead batteries. The service techs told me it was from hot days/cold nights that caused them to discharge, or not be able to hold a charge.

I'm not sure in your case, but if you box is not that old, they need/should replace it imo. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
DJ Unknown

DJ Unknown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain619
IIRC, doesn't the dome light turn off automatically after a while if the door/doors are left open? Could be discharging somehow, any changes to your audio system? Or the battery could just be tired, I remember new cars at the dealership I worked at having low or dead batteries. The service techs told me it was from hot days/cold nights that caused them to discharge, or not be able to hold a charge.

I'm not sure in your case, but if you box is not that old, they need/should replace it imo. Good luck!
Yeah the Dome Light turns off after a while, I was installing my Stereo at night outside and it shut off on me a couple times with the door wide open, I had to keep closing and opening it to get it to stay on
If you were local (Seattle area) I would give you my stock battery it's only 2 months old, I've got a Gel Cell Battery to put in whenever I get off my Lazy ass and do it.....
Old 01-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
DTRAIN619
VIP Member
Undercover Moderator

DTRAIN619 is a jewel in the roughDTRAIN619 is a jewel in the roughDTRAIN619 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Unknown
Yeah the Dome Light turns off after a while, I was installing my Stereo at night outside and it shut off on me a couple times with the door wide open, I had to keep closing and opening it to get it to stay on
If you were local (Seattle area) I would give you my stock battery it's only 2 months old, I've got a Gel Cell Battery to put in whenever I get off my Lazy ass and do it.....
Now there's a thought! Just upgrade, maybe an Optima battery. Better performance than stock from what I've heard.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #7
BigBaby

BigBaby is on a distinguished road
if the car is less than a month old, i'd be on the dealers ass to find out what the problem is. i want to do some more lighting upgrades and thro in a bigger sub, then i want to upgrade to the optima battery
Old 01-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
DTRAIN619
VIP Member
Undercover Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaby
if the car is less than a month old, i'd be on the dealers ass to find out what the problem is.
And there it is! No reason for a battery that's "supposed" to be new (in a new car no less) to be dead! Warranty time!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
Polar Express

Thank you. I am going to take it back to the dealer on Monday.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #10
DTRAIN619
VIP Member
Undercover Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Express
Thank you. I am going to take it back to the dealer on Monday.
Be sure to let us know the results, can't see that it would be a problem though.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
crazy_kat_matt

crazy_kat_matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crazy_kat_matt Send a message via MSN to crazy_kat_matt Send a message via Yahoo to crazy_kat_matt
its clicking? thats your starter solenoid trying to engage but there isnt enough power to start the car. thats what the clicking is.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #12
Lucky110

Lucky110 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucky110
wurd... .
Old 01-24-2006, 02:24 AM   #13
DJ Unknown

DJ Unknown is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain619
Now there's a thought! Just upgrade, maybe an Optima battery. Better performance than stock from what I've heard.
I just put my Optima Gel Cell in 1000 Cranking Amps!!
That's definately the ticket!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:08 AM   #14
scvscions
Authorized Vendor

scvscions will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a faulty relay in the system wired incorrectly so when the lights dim it drops voltage and starts clicking...or just start hitting stuff with a hammer till it stops making noise
Closed Thread