Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XB drift.........

6K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  shortbus_8 
#1 ·
I've been wondering are there any xb's (1st or 2nd gen) that have been converted to RWD drift cars? i would love to see a sideways toaster. i have seen the rwd mobil 1 xb2.(only pics no vid) also how much would it cost to convert a XB2 into RWD.

#3 ·
as cool as it would be to see one of our little boxes getting sideways, its not practical. Anybody who wants to build a drift car is going to find a base thats already RWD w/ a decently powerful engine. The amount of time and money it takes to do an engine swap and do all the fabrication to make a box RWD is well beyond what 99.9% of owners have access to.

like black box mentioned, there is a rs1 that is RWD with a small block 350 under the hood, but other than that i havent heard of anything.

#19 ·
some one told me back in 2004 to use trays to "drift" in my xb... i was always used to the real thing you know.. haha well i went out there with the trays and it was FUN! especially since i think i might have been the only guy to actually control the "drifting" in a mannor to look real! i still dont know where the video of that is..

i know its not drifting but when i had my xB i had stiff suspension and Wanli drift tires on it.. and they were so hard of a compound that i could slide on concrete easliy! so i used to rip my ebrake going like 50-80mph! yeah i was a stupid teen back then.. but it looked sweet! everyone in milwaukee knew me as the drifting xb.. especially i was the only guy in milwaukee wuith a xb in the early spring of 2004.

#14 ·
when project RS is done, i can drift ;)

it's staying on the gravel though until i'm certain the suspension is stiff enough to keep the ass end from tipping and only slide.

#17 ·
^^yep

i must have done it some 20 times a couple days ago doing some rallying.

i'm only iffy about the pavement. then again, if the rear wheels are spinning then the chances of too much grip and tipping over will be greatly reduced. great thing about the setup i'm doing, there is no locking diff for the front central diff... but there is one for the rear :p, rav4 tranny and transfer case, but the rear 4wd driff is an altract rear diff and there's loads of locking diffs out there for it.

front wheels wont spin as much, rear wheels will break loose no problem :p.

#22 ·
sparks = *thumbs down*

if anything is wrong with your EVAP line from your charcoal filter and you're shooting sparks... might as well put some wings on that xB... cause you're gonna learn how to fly :D

#24 ·
don't think the warranty covers "tray drifting" on metal trays causing extreme fire or vehicle explosion... nor do i think it covers "flight damage" if the tank were to go and give enough lift for the xB to be in the air...

#26 ·
lol well what the hell are you going to say to an xB that's EXPLODED... "they were shooting a real world version of *the transporter* and Jason Statham's character decided to steel my box as the alternative vehicle for the end shoot"...

i think that will fly NOOOOO problem... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.