Scion xB Forum banner

Engine swap

18K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  whisper14225 
#1 ·
Hope I got this in the right place...

I was wondering how difficult it would be to transplant an engine from a TC into a Xb? actually I am talking everything tranny and all...

Would I be able to use the ECU from the TC too?

Like I said I am talking total transplant :)

#2 ·
Swapping larger engines into 1G xBs is pretty tough, because there isn't enough space in the frame to do it w/o major rework. People have managed to shoehorn Chevy 350 V-8s into xB1s, so anything is possible. Basically, it's not worth it.

#4 ·
I'd look for a JDM low mileage emissions engine to compare with junkyard prices.

Doubtful the tC engine would feed back thee right ECU data for the xB ECU to understand, or vv.

#5 ·
Hope I got this in the right place...

I was wondering how difficult it would be to transplant an engine from a TC into a Xb? actually I am talking everything tranny and all...

Would I be able to use the ECU from the TC too?

Like I said I am talking total transplant :)
This question right here signals you are not an experienced mechanic and should not do this swap. This is even if the engine did fit in there.

For future reference any engine swap done these days other than replacing with the same type of motor has to have the ECU, sensors, and wiring for that motor. Often you also need the transmission and custom axles as well.

There is a lot of planning needed to make a swap happen properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.