Scion xB Home

Go Back   Scion xB Forum > General Scion xB Forums > Members Rides
Members Rides Showoff your scion xB here.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #41
BigRuss
Banned User

BigRuss will become famous soon enough
Re: Building a Better Box; Bamboo's Build

looks like the adjustable shower rods
BigRuss is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #42
CamoWagon17

CamoWagon17 is on a distinguished road

thought thats what they were.

i wonder if they can handle alot of wieght
CamoWagon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #43
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Bamboo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
looks like the adjustable shower rods
Correct in one sir! They are shower curtain rods from Bed Bath Beyond. They are the 48"-72" ones. The distance from side to side in the back is ~51-52in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoWagon17 View Post
thought thats what they were.

i wonder if they can handle alot of wieght
Each pole is rated at holding up to 30lb. With both of them in, I'm very comfortable putting maybe 50lb on it. It is very sturdy, might be able to hold even more than that, but I don't know. It serves its purpose well, and I've found it very nice to have a table back there while I work on stuff. Also, no one can see the boxes and bags in the back, so privacy is increased.
Bamboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #44
CamoWagon17

CamoWagon17 is on a distinguished road

ahhh ok thnks so much
CamoWagon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #45
MrJoshZombie
Air Society

MrJoshZombie will become famous soon enough

That rear cover is pretty damn neat actually. Major props for it.

I always debated on getting the OEM one, but, with my windows so dark, and nothing but a gym bag ever in the back, I decided against it ultimately.

Loving all the random vinyl accents as well.
MrJoshZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
njforcedlife77

njforcedlife77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to njforcedlife77 Send a message via Yahoo to njforcedlife77

here man meet June 23 shits going to live hope you come out plus we have all meets shows on site and Fb. The fresh meet we will being going down with big ass train of 60 plus sicken June 23 meethttp://www.scikotics.com/forums/show...05#post2800605
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonstermash View Post
that interior just keeps getting better! love it sir! as for these meets... can I get dates Im trying to meet some of you guys as well!

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

it may work but may make them fit weird since you have to fix them a bit for first couple of months so rolling the dice on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
It was out of the BOX thinking! ... sorry horrible pun. You can stone me in the street for it later.

Thank you sir! If I'm Duenwerke then you're Fukenmooven! I love your build thread, its coming together so nicely. I'm not a big fan of two tone, but yours is so well executed how can you not love it?

Updates for this week:

Finished my rear deck! Chrome trim came in and it is now secured! Looks really sweet IMO, the nails are like little rivets lol Black suede on top, Plaidness on the bottom.

Last part of the interior has been wrapped, the hatch panel! I wrapped it in black suede today and used my plaid vinyl on all the push pins.

Some fun little vinyl application on the Zeta cupholder, I felt some plaid was needed in there

Alright, last on the list I completed the first of three mods I think will make the xB seats comfortable. Since I've gotten this car, my back has gotten worse and worse, now to the point where I think I have a nerve issue. Physical therapy aside, I partially blame this on the seats.

I've been thinking about this for a while and think I may have the solution I'm going to use to make the seats more comfortable.

The first mod to do is the front bolt spacer mod on the driver and passenger seats to create more of an angle (I managed 9 washers on each bolt point for ~1" lift).

Next I'm going to get two of these:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...oogle-shopping.

Lastly, instead of putting them inside my seats, I'll put them under my soon to arrive Clazzio covers, providing some needed lumbar support.

Does this plan make sense? Does anyone see any problems with this? Because they inflate and deflate I think they will fit even though the Clazzio cover is snug.

I think with the adjusted angle from the spacer mod, the memory foam in the Clazzios, and the lumbar support from the insert that it should take the discomfort out of the seats.
njforcedlife77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoWagon17 View Post
ahhh ok thnks so much
Anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshZombie View Post
That rear cover is pretty damn neat actually. Major props for it.

I always debated on getting the OEM one, but, with my windows so dark, and nothing but a gym bag ever in the back, I decided against it ultimately.

Loving all the random vinyl accents as well.
Thank you! I've felt since I got the B that it needed that hatchback cover and I hated the one that you could get for $30 (the fabric one). I wanted the hard top too, using it as a workspace and when travelling, my cat can hang out on it and look out the rear window .

Additionally, I went with the shower curtain rods instead of pvc pipe because I wanted to keep it functional even if the PVC pipe could hold more weight (even though the 50-60lb max on the rods is quite a bit already). If I needed to put something large in the car, it would take 30-45 seconds to deconstruct it and about a minute to put back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
it may work but may make them fit weird since you have to fix them a bit for first couple of months so rolling the dice on it.
What do you mean fix them a bit? So that they tighten into the correct places? How hard is it to get them in there? Hmmm... I may wait to get the Clazzios first before deciding to move ahead on the lumbar support... yeah I'll do that.

And as an additional update:
I converted all my turn signals, backup lights, and DRL switchbacks to LEDs. Of course this meant that I had "hyper blink". When going through the forums, the standard response to this was "Wire in a resistor".

To this I say BALDERDASH!!!! Thanks to BigLobe for putting me onto this little beauty:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLobe View Post
The Tridon LM449 flasher module gets rid of any hyper flashing. Replaces the original flasher module behind the cubby to the left of the steering wheel. Very easy OEM like install. No splicing and perfect fix. Switchbacks be the shiz :-D

Here's the link:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...ier=69840_0_0_

There has been debate as to if the relay can handle 4 or 6 LEDs. In my situation, I have switchback DRLs, LEDs in the sidemarkers, and LEDs in the rear turn signals. The relay fixed the hyperblink with all 6 LEDs! One thing to note though is that I HAVE NOT done the sidemarker mod, so I don't know if tying the one on the side to the front DRLs will change the relay's effectiveness.

Hope this helps! And the modding continues...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
njforcedlife77

njforcedlife77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to njforcedlife77 Send a message via Yahoo to njforcedlife77

They can be hard to put on right sometimes are you going with the pvc ones if so there not to bad but wear easy. I had custom all leather ones made from japan and i had to pull them like crazy was so bad and fix them for first couple of months.
njforcedlife77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #49
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforcedlife77 View Post
They can be hard to put on right sometimes are you going with the pvc ones if so there not to bad but wear easy. I had custom all leather ones made from japan and i had to pull them like crazy was so bad and fix them for first couple of months.
I got the PVC ones. Hopefully they come in soon... I may die of impatience

Updates for this week:

Not pictured is the OEM cargo cover mat. Now the hatch area looks complete!

Next is my fix for keeping the hard top cargo cover in place on the shower curtain rods. Industrial strength velcro (with plaid fabric laid over). Just realized from the photo I put the pieces on backwards lol. I spent so much time lining up the plaid and then I put the piece on backward hahaha smh...

Very strong and holds the deck down like its screwed in.

After that just some fitment pictures of the deck and some teaser interior shots of the blacked out interior

And lastly, I installed my Levoc shift knob today as well as chrome AC knobs (thanks Cliff/bbzero!) and door sill trims (thanks go out again for the rears to Cliff/bbzero)

Should have the plaid shift boot fabbed up this weekend (tried a couple times already, not coming out as well as I wanted, needs something, new design in progress)

Where oh where are the Clazzios... damn things take forever. Overnight parts from Japan almost seem worth the expense at this rate lol
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #50
sketchyind

sketchyind is on a distinguished road

Looks nice man
sketchyind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
WhatUSaid

WhatUSaid is on a distinguished road

love all the detail on you're box.

ever thought of wrapping the lid on the oven door? with that vinyl.
WhatUSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #52
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyind View Post
Looks nice man
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatUSaid View Post
love all the detail on you're box.

ever thought of wrapping the lid on the oven door? with that vinyl.
I considered it and tried it, but it just looked too busy, almost like I was trying to hard to incorporate the plaid.

I put something else on the oven door that seems to work better, keep with my color scheme, and play to my love of Anchorman haha (stay classy)

So I have a lot of trouble deciding on wheel designs for the box because I do not have the funds or time to continually buy and swap wheels, so I wanted to do it right the first time.

I've played with photoshop awhile and I think to keep with the theme of a 80's JDM inspired design, I'm going with the Enkei Apache's. Here's a shopped pic of my box lowered on these bad boys.

I think with this stance and wheels, I'll be happy with the look. Looking at end of July early August to order these. 15x8 +25, 195/50/15. Plus 2zerosixfactory 10mm hub spacers should get me the conservative flush look for daily driving right?

Lastly, I went out with the box to a local meet with my alma mater of forums, Clublexus/NELOC and the MR2 guys. Was a great time and finally got a nice pic of the box!

Its so nice how a real camera can make it look so much better than a camera phone!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #53
WhatUSaid

WhatUSaid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
Thank you sir

I considered it and tried it, but it just looked too busy, almost like I was trying to hard to incorporate the plaid.

I put something else on the oven door that seems to work better, keep with my color scheme, and play to my love of Anchorman haha (stay classy)
pics when you get a chance?

really like that grill on the PW. That Toyota is off the fj grill?
WhatUSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #54
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatUSaid View Post
pics when you get a chance?

really like that grill on the PW. That Toyota is off the fj grill?
A pic of the oven? ok lol

And thanks for the compliment on the grill. I've only seen it done by one other member (SAKURA) and I had to figure out how to make it work. The whole mesh plus emblem is from the FJ cruiser, because the toyota emblem doesn't come off the grill unless you melt plastic rivets. I made an abbreviated DIY for it. here's the link: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44754

Updates for this week:

2sixfactory 10mm hub spacers installed(no pics)(those hubs needed quite a bit of "persuasion" to come off lol. hammer time!)

JDM foglights installed; thanks jdmisme! (still working on figuring out the best way to wire the JDM switch but shouldn't be overly difficult)

Puddle lights installed; these came out really well and I'm very happy with them! I have them tied directly into the dome light circuit so it comes on when the door is open or i unlock the car by remote. The are wired in using the information from this post: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=16
Very easy, but I suggest wiring a fuse inline just in case

Here's a few measurements for you. The sideskirt is 71 inches long, so for 5 puddle lights on each side they were spaced every 11 7/8 inches and 1 1/4 inches depthwise off the edge of the sideskirt. Use the drain plugs just inside of the sideskirt areas to run your wires up into the cabin (2 on each side, each individual one comes up right underneath the carpet.) Onto some pics at night! (they are bright white, but for some reason they look blue in some of the pictures, no idea why )

Scrapping the Enkei Apache's and shift boot from the mod list. Reassessing wheels choices yet again... Looking for a clean set of XXR 501s 15x8 +15 or Enkei 92s 15x8 +25. Tire size is 195/50
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #55
Zman

Zman will become famous soon enoughZman will become famous soon enough

Go with the Apache's man, will be a unique look.
Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #56
MrJoshZombie
Air Society

Puddle lights came out quite clean, I must say. That's going on my mod consideration list now.

I too, am probably going with the Enkei92's in gold. Same tire size as well, eventually will get them powder coated purple. Apache's would be a much more unique look.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
Bamboo
Abstract Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
Go with the Apache's man, will be a unique look.
While I like the apache's I don't think I'll love the design forever. I'm trying to find an OG timeless wheel so I can love it and not just like it for a short amount of time. It also has to hold up to daily driving, which is why I was leaning towards enkeis. I like the uniqueness, but I'm not trying to prove my box is cool cause its different/new parts or anything like that. Just trying to make it fit me

I have a wheel commitment problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshZombie View Post
Puddle lights came out quite clean, I must say. That's going on my mod consideration list now.

I too, am probably going with the Enkei92's in gold. Same tire size as well, eventually will get them powder coated purple. Apache's would be a much more unique look.
I love the puddle lights. I think I've opened and closed my doors/remotely unlocked them a billion times since yesterday just to see them come on lol

The enkei92s powdercoated purple would be sweet for your car! I'm debating if I get them what color it should be (stock silver/black/gold or powdercoated white or sky blue). I'm having trouble deciding that... same color debacle with the 501s. They would be unique, but I have looked at A LOT of pics of them on datsuns and miatas and read their forum posts on it. I don't know if I like how little lip is there (even though I liked stepped lips, this thing has almost no depth to it). and they're pretty damn heavy ~17lbs for the wheel and I don't want to ruin my gas mileage. Decisions decisions lol I personally don't understand how you guys can see a wheel and jump on it so fast! I am so worried of ruining a build with the wrong set of wheels.

Do you guys have suggestions for jdm inspired old school wheels? Any brand is good but I'm looking for reliability and looks.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #58
FreshB

FreshB is on a distinguished road

The puddle lights look sweet! Looks like the Brabus mercedes s-class.
FreshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #59
BigRuss
Banned User

BigRuss will become famous soon enough

http://xxrwheels.com/xxr_532.shtml

couldnt wait for these to come out...
BigRuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #60
MrJoshZombie
Air Society

Just about anything SSR is nice. Especially the SSR reverse mesh wheels. God would I love a set of those.

I won't run any of the cheaper brands on my car. Axis, XXR, things among those nature. Enkeis I've had on previous cars and they were solid. I haven't quite decided fully what wheel to go with, which is why I'm still on painted steelies for the time being.