Scion xB Home

Go Back   Scion xB Forum > Community Forums > Off Topic > Music
Music All types of music, Underground/Mainstream, Albums, Mp3's & more.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
IowaSciontist

IowaSciontist is on a distinguished road
Born Villain

Some of you know I am a HUGE Marilyn Manson fan. I have every album and like most of them. The last couple(The High End of Low and Eat Me, Drink Me) were mediocre at best and a little soft IMHO. But there were a few songs on both that made them worth while. But I cannot live without Lest We Forget, the best of album.

But, on the horizon there seems to be hope. Born Villain. Not sure if it as upcoming album or what, but on his site there is a video for the song. It is definitely NSFW! Nudity galore, and none of it good. On scene shows and eyeball coming out of a vagina! But here is a link to it, can't wait to find out more.

http://bornvillain.com/#

---------- Post added 11-22-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Yes, new full length album set to release Feb. 2012

---------- Post added 11-22-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

Just learned Shia LaBeouf directed the video! Cool.
IowaSciontist is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
The_Doctor
@HFDane on Instagram

The_Doctor will become famous soon enough
Just watched the video...wow! Manson is pushing the envelope with his videos. Has Jodorowsky written all over it like many of his other videos from the 90's and early 2000's. This might be my first Manson album I'll buy since Holy Wood
The_Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
IowaSciontist

IowaSciontist is on a distinguished road
Re: Born Villain

Not sure, but I don't think so. There is a Wiki page about the album and that video and there is no mention of Jod at all. But I still think it's cool Shia directed this video. Would have never guessed him as a fan, but he approached Manson and more or less begged for the opportunity.

---------- Post added 11-22-2011 at 08:09 PM ----------

Ooops, take that back.

"Manson and LaBeouf produced the film throughout July 2011. The film borrows a variety of "very intense, graphic imagery" from a number of sources including Alejandro Jodorowsky's 1973 film The Holy Mountain, Buñuel and Dalí's 1929 short film Un Chien Andalou, Shakespeare and theology. LaBeouf explained that "we tried to make Manson's 'Un Chien Andalou' macabre 'Macbeth' — that's sort of what that became." Manson, for his part, described his intention with the film as "both an homage and a mockery of the history of Cinema." The following month, the film's website announced the project's August 28, 2011, inaugural screening at the L.A. Silent Theater. Drummer Chris Vrenna has claimed that Born Villain is not a music video but "a full thing". He also mentioned that the film contain short clips of the album and its own score.
IowaSciontist is offline   Reply With Quote