Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home Depot Lip Mod

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  BigRuss 
#1 ·
Whats up folks. Had a great day today with the weather so I decided to make my box look a bit lower and help my lower bumper stay in a little better shape. SO here comes the Home Depot lip mod. All you need is 4 simple tools, a 10mm wrench, Flat head screwdriver, Drill with smallest drill bit you can find (1/24th of an inch), and a Hammer (or in the mods eyes a BAN hammer).... REMEMBER this is a DIY and if you mess it up its NOT MY FAULT. ALSO make sure your car is secured. Dont be this guy

Step One, remove your bumper. Fairly easy you have anywhere from 2/4-10000 10mm screws (if you dont have the 10mm head you may need to use a Phillips head). No pic but we all know what it looks like. You have 2 screws on the top of the bumper behind the grill as well as a pop plug. 2 screws at the top of the wheel well just under the fender. 2 at the bottom of the wheel well and then a few various ones under the car. When you have your bumper off there are 4 more screws that you have to remove to separate the lower half from the main bumper.

Step Tow, Drill and hammer. Line up the garage door lip with your bumper and drill and hammer the mounting pins.

Slice the little "bubbles" in the corners to help it conform it to the bumper.

I used the supplied little tab/nail things to secure it to my bumper
, you could use 3M double sided tape but you have to make sure your bumper is squeaky clean and if you leave in a very WET environment I dont recommend using it.

Step 3, Inspect work. Flip the lip over and make sure it looks alright in YOUR book.

Step 4, Re-install bumper. Do Step 1 backwards....

Step 5, enjoy your favorite beverage (virgin or slutty, your call)

I think it looks pretty good on my ride and everyone elses who has done this... Surprised me there wasnt already a write up on it.

---------- Post added 01-31-2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

dont mind my bandaid... cut myself at school earlier...

---------- Post added 01-31-2012 at 08:32 PM ----------

and if the picture of my car is crooked im sorry...

See less See more
#9 ·
I did this one in the link a while back and I really like the flexability of it. I use the clear 3M double sided from Ace too,that stuff holds like crazy. lOOks good Russ.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.