Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone switch spark plug wires?

16K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  DTRAIN619 
#1 ·
is it possible to do this yourself?
I just noticed that they arent like normal

#5 ·
I've never heard of anyone actually replacing their ingition pack, and the wires connected to them should last for many years. Those wires shouldn't need replacing unless one of them gets melted, or they get so old they just snap.

But if you want to replace your coils, you can purchase them from this website in the parts catalog under Electrical / Ignition system / Ignition coil

https://www.toyotapartsexpress.com/parts.html

If you wanted to add spark plug wires to your car, Nology makes a kit for the xb.

Nology HotWires Spark Plug Wires Scion xB - 011584541

#7 ·
We have a coil pack that sits dirrectly on top of the spark plug. You can buy the Nology wires to add a colored wire from the relocated coil pack to the spark plug.

Its kinda a step backwards because only old cars would have spark plug wires. But some people like the look.

#10 ·
I can not imagine how the Nology set up would increase anything! The coil packs are not a wear and tear item. They only need to be replace if something is wrong with them. I don't know how much the xB ones cost, but other cars with direct coils run around $90 - $120 each! The direct coil is the modern replacement for plug wires. We no longer need plug wires and they are a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.