Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check engine light:

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Liesjemt 
#1 ·
Hello-this is my first post...

I have an '06 xB with 50K miles and it recently was in for service as I had a check engine light appear. It is code P043E/P043F water leaking into canister.

They are quoting $500 for replacement of the canister, filter, and shield.

Is this a legit problem that truly requires $500 of parts/labor? I have seen mention of getting this error after driving through water....

Thanks.

Mark

#2 ·
Welcome Mark.

Sorry I don’t have an answer for you, but I’ll give you a bump.
A lot of shows & whatnot today, hopefully more folks will login soon.

Oh yea, did you personally see this code or is that just what they told you?
If you didn't see it yourself I would try hitting up your local autoparts store & having them pull the codes just to verify they get the same message.

At around 50K I believe you would normally be seeing a check engine light just to remind you its time for regular maintence. . .

#5 ·
Re: Welcome Mark.

At around 50K I believe you would normally be seeing a check engine light just to remind you its time for regular maintence. . .
Check Engine is there to indicate that there is a problem with engine control/emission control system. Mileage does not make it to be turned ON.
EVAP canister is a part of the emission control system. Should be under warranty. Kinda hard to imagine why water would affect it since its at the very buttom of the car anyway. Unless water somehow got into the electrical connectors there.

#6 · (Edited)
I have the same problem. Here's a link to a few other people who have the problem. It's actually a TSB on the xA, but not the xB yet. Which is stupid because it's the same freaking part. You can even check out the TSB link that I posted in there and it'll tell you exactly what needs to be changed. Did you actually have all five codes like the TSB did? I've been putting off, getting mine fixed just cause I really hate dealing with the dealerships. Just talked to some dumbass lady today, who doesn't know what the hell she is talking about. Just reiterates what I hate about the stealerships.

Woops... forgot the link, here it is. Nevermind, this forum won't let me post it yet. This is what it tells me.

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 30 or greater. You currently have 17 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

I hate rules sometimes. I guess they're good to have, it's some retard posting. But come on. I'll send it to you in a PM.

#11 ·
ahh right, was thinking of the wrong light.

though i still stand to it triggering Trac control and VSC along with the check engine light. when i disconnected my EVAP solenoid switch it triggered the trio-light group and threw two codes, one for the canister and one for the solenoid. i plugged it back in, reset the code and it was fine and dandy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.