Scion xB Forum banner

Koni Yellow VS. Tokico HTS

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cali_Agent 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I have been trying to decide which shocks to go with for the past month or so. I can't really find anything on either Koni Yellow or HTS with feedback like comfort and reliability from club xb. Not trying to move to coilovers for daily driving. And would like some insight from those of you who are using either of these shocks. Also if it helps I will be using the shocks with Hotchkis lowering springs. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I have koni Yellows with Eibach springs.

Fronts (great): really great units, probably the best you can buy. I have them set at full soft + 1/4 turn, so that they're not completely bottomed out at the lowest setting (which I have read leads to reduced life - same with max), to help with MI's lousy streets. They ride REALLY well, and are actually very comfortable on the street, while still being great in the corners. I had them turned up a while back to about 75% stiff, and they were really amazing in the corners!

Rears (bad for our cars): The full soft + 1/4 turn setting was not as a soft/compliant as the fronts. In order to adjust them, you have to remove the tops from the car, push the shaft all the way down, rotate until at the desired setting, then reinstall. Doing this several times caused the threads and nut to strip on my first set, so I had to hack them off, and send them back for a warantee replacement. I ended up getting monroe's in the rear and those have been working out nicely. I keep the Yellow rears around for if I want to do spirited driving (rare), since they are easy to swap out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.