post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2017, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
No longer SW now Supa Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PhatSWXB is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Weapon R header and downpipe inquiry

I purchased a used set from eBay, I also ordered the manifold gasket. But I wonder what other parts usually come with the set if you buy it new, like gasket to connect to the scuba section, and bolts to connect the headers to the down pipe. Would anyone here who bought the weapon R header and down pipe brand new, be able to chime in on what came with theirs? Or will sure stock stuff be good to connect all this up to the XB, and yes it has the CEL eliminator on the header.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
mrrcom is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Weapon R header and downpipe inquiry

although i cant offer any specific help with the second gen or the header. but id recomend if your living in a rusty part of the country to get a new spring bolt kit... aka the bolts that hold the manifold to the cat.. and a new gasket.

today... well yesterday now lol... i replaced my cat which had a leak and man those two bolts were absolutely destroyed to the point where i had to cut the cat pipe and pull the manifold with a section of the pipe up with it to even get the bolts out, which i had to cut off and drill them out.

the part number for the bolt kit is WALKER 36454 its 4.44 on rockauto. i posted up some pics on the "what did you do on your scion today" thread if you want to see how f-ed they were.

anyways i wish you luck!!!! hopefully you live in a rust free area

---------- Post added 05-21-2017 at 01:02 AM ----------

ah man i just looked it up. your manifold is in the front of the motor and then swings rearward. the 1st gen is the opposite.

i saw the weapon r header and its looking like the flanges on the header and the downpipe arent threaded for the bolts. if you do get a new set of springs and bolts that walker kit doesnt have any nuts. but the size for them are M10 1.25 pitch

mom says at 1,000 good boy points i can get some cool led lights for my car. 972 to go!!
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
No longer SW now Supa Red

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PhatSWXB is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)

Well, thanks for the advice. I don't live in a major rust area, so my bolts were very reusable, the Xb has just less than 75k miles on it, so they were in good shape. I got everything installed, luckily I bought a gasket to go where the s-pipe connects to the cat, and then I had extra nuts to match the stock bolts at that connection. I couldn't use the factory spring bolts at the moment. The doughnut gasket that goes where the header meets the s-pipe is kind of buggered and I'll have to pull it and grind it out with my dremel and that will probably allow me to put the factory spring bolts in. I will able to use nuts off the factory manifold brackets to match to the spring bolts once I get under there and readjust everything. But after day one of just short driving on the header and s-pipe set up it sounds a bit better. My injen CAI is still very loud but I think the exhaust and the intake now are about the same level in decibels. I'll probably have my custom flowmaster cat back system modified a bit to get a better sound with a new tip, which could make it louder, because there is a resonator and packing in the current tip I am running that could be silencing the output a bit.

For 200 bucks vs 450-600 brand new, I'd say it was perfect timing after waiting so long to decide if I was going to do the whole header and s-pipe upgrade. YIPEE!

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
mrrcom is on a distinguished road
Garage

im glad to hear those bolts didnt give you any trouble.

did you get any more power from the header? when i put one on my 4 cylinder s10 it was literally a night and day difference and i wished i would of a lot sooner.

mom says at 1,000 good boy points i can get some cool led lights for my car. 972 to go!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page