Originally Posted by sautan904
I have following questions and hope to get some advice. Not going to do before full research!
1) Which produce better HP and Torque?
2) I know both do but which will harm the engine more?
3) Which need more follow up care?
4) Which need more parts and accesories.
5) Which one will break down easier?
TRD costs $3900 installed with all part and labor
Turbo Charger with Intercooler cost $6500 installed with labor and part (not sure the brand yet).
Which is better value versus performance?
Anyone in Los Angeles are provide services?
Supercharger=some torque and some hp
2. Turbo will always be less reliable than a s/c. Turbos always require a lot
of maintance and tunning
Superchargers are more reliable because they are ran off the engine and
not from the exhaust.
3. S/c is possible to run without an intercooler so you save about 1000-1200
right there. Both systems will need a tunning setup and will have to be
tuned. Turbos are more picky than supercharger, with gas, air mixtures
so you won't always get the best performance with a turbo if you have it
tuned to a certain altitude and go across the states to another altitude it
won't run as well as what conditions it was tuned in.
Supercharger will always cost less than a turbo. If you are going for just fun need some more spunk than what you have now and want boost go with the supercharger. If your planning on doing some serious racing and wanting some quick times then run a turbo, but don't let it be a daily driver cause it won't work out. Supercharger will take power to make power, thats really the only draw back. You'll be pushing prolly 6 lbs. which will be a noticable increase when driving but don't expect more than about 15-18 hp from it...