Scion xB Forum banner

Help with 2006 scion xb rs 4.0 tailights

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  aalbertson3 
#1 ·
So I ordered some stock taillights from auto parts warehouse to replace the Tyc tailights . But when I was installing them the sockets holes were a lot smaller on the stock tailights. Is it a defect or is the wiring harness different for RS models.
Need advise ASAP before I try to return them.
Thanks

#2 ·
The RS4 and any xB running OE option TYC tail lights has and additional 3 plug to 1 plug harness that plugs into the stock single plug on each side and then to each bulb it the TYC's
TYC's have all diff bulbs.

If the aftermarket tails dont come with the bulb sockets you will need a set including bulb's to run them six in total .The operation of the stock tail lights is done through a circuit board mounted on the back with all functions controlled through one connector.

STOCK Tail Light (center connection.

---------- Post added 10-21-2014 at 08:59 PM ----------

Back of TYC's with harness attached still

#10 ·
I am in the process of replacing the brake light on my 2005 XB. It appears that I have to remove this light assembly by removing the two nuts that hold it in place and then replace the top bulb and then reinstall the assembly back in place using the two nuts and then putting the plastic triangular grill back in place inside the body at the right rear corner location.

Does this sound correct?

Andy

#6 ·
#12 ·
To replace a bulb, all you need to do is pull the small interior panel, twist the light socket, pull it out, remove the bulb, replace the bulb, twist the socket back into place, and snap the panel back in place. I have short, fat fingers and can reach without removing the whole assembly. It's tight, and I have to do it by feel, but it takes less than two minutes.

#13 ·
I just picked up a set of these from a salvage yard for $75. They are in excellent shape but I thought they were aftermarket lights? Are they a Toyota option? I love the look, the OEM lights look terrible in comparison.

Great way to tell the difference!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.