Scion xB Forum banner

xB's with armrests

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LVGMman 
#1 ·
One of the things I really enjoy about my xB is the captain chair seating. But the captain chair experience always felt incomplete without a center armrest. Now that I have one, I can't imagine not having it.

I'm aware add on offerings are provided by Scion, Boomerang, and Zeta (discontinued version and one similar to Boomerang). In my case, always tinkering, I added one I found at a Pic a Part salvage yard from an old Honda hybrid with a random EBay special (pictured).

Anyone else that has or had a center armrest, post up your experience. Maybe mention which one(s) you have/had.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Y0u_P3opL3
#2 ·
To prime the pump, my observation is with our Captain Chair seating, it was like sitting in a chair with only one arm. Now I have a comfortable place to put the right arm when it's not shifting and cruising down the road.

#3 ·
I did my researcgh and most of what I found was too flimsy or too low. I finally decided on one from J.J. Products, Inc. Looks and fits like factory. Plus, you can position it as high or low as you want at installation time. Hopefully I will get around to installing it soon.

Here is a photo from their website...

Attachments

#4 ·
I just checked out their web site. I like their design A LOT!!

#5 ·
i have an oe armrest out of my brothers car. back then we were both 350lbs plus so he yanked it out of his car. i have lost a ton of weight since and want to put it in my car. i have to have a video my brother doesn't remember how to install it and i read the directions and its not adding up in my head

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.