LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jester8706 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Black out emblems

Hey guys, here's a few pics of my new ride! Just got it about a month ago. Its 2013 with 47,000 miles on it. I've already added a 12" sub with a custom box that fits flush in the back, 1000w amp, and new wiring to run it all. Now I'm wanting to do a few things to the exterior before I start working on the handling and performance. I want to black out as as much as possible. I bought it with the black Scion rims equipped, bought some black lug nuts, looking for some LED headlights and taillights that are black as well. Now I'm wondering if any of you know where I could find black Scion and xB emblems. If not, maybe how I can paint them black myself. Also, any other suggestions on what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Lighting pimp

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
GregS is on a distinguished road
Re: Black out emblems

Just remove the emblems, scruff them up a little and spray them with a matching touch up paint. As for the head lights there is nothing but stock replacement units out there. If you want to black them out you'll need to bake them open, spray the chrome interior piece, and then re-assemble them. There is a how-to on this forum in the DIY section for doing this. Then you can order LED bulbs to replace the head light bulbs. If you want LED strip in the head light add them when you have it opened up. For tail lights, again not much aftermarket support. Google MBRO Rumion tail lights and you'll find the Thunder style ones. Full LED and they make it in a blacked out version.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough

Just remember that if you do black out the tails and headlights you have to see and BE SEEN front and rear !! Some police dept. will get you on this and then if you are involved in an accident you may be paying out of your pocket !! The other vehicle could state they never saw you due to the blacked out lights.... Front and or rear !!!!!

Play it safe !!

post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jester8706 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate. Probably going to avoid messing with the head and taillights, definitely don't want any trouble since this is my daily driver.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 01:53 PM
Lighting pimp

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
GregS is on a distinguished road

If you bake the head lights and paint the chrome portions you won't affect light output at all, just don't paint the reflector section for the high beams. But yeah, for the tail lights tinting them will change the light output and can get you in trouble with the police. But getting the MBRO Thunder tails from Japan will get you the blackout look and not get you in trouble.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page