Scion xB Forum banner

Canister Purge Valve HELP? 05 xb

20K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  williamgd2_1432 
#1 ·
So check engine light, trac, and VSC light all came on and shows I need purge valve, so I bought the valve but I cannot find ANYTHING on where the hell its located???
I saw canister thing under the rear near gas tank but nothing that resembles the part I had to buy? What am I missing guys??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
That is not the canister purge valve that is the vacuum switch valve (vsv).

I had to replace my vsv and the entire charcoal canister on my 2005 to get rid of the 3 lights on the dash.

Also, I had to replace all the vacuum lines related to the vsv, they were old and cracked.

#4 ·
Ya I finally found it! You were right it's by the intake idk why I kept looking around the canister under rear I guess cause that's what google kept showing but ya took like 5 min to install. If anyone needs same info I'd be happy to do video

#7 ·
I have an 05 xB and same issue but I replaced the PVC and am now looking for the part female two way connector that attaches to this mine the wire has come off and I am not savvy with these thing s any help would be great. I’m trying to find the blue piece

Attachments

#8 ·
You should be able to get that connector from any local Toyota dealer. They can look it up in the electrical wiring diagram and find the part number for that specific connector along with any repair wires to go into that connector if you need those also.

#9 ·
So check engine light, trac, and VSC light all came on and shows I need purge valve, so I bought the valve but I cannot find ANYTHING on where the hell its located???
I saw canister thing under the rear near gas tank but nothing that resembles the part I had to buy? What am I missing guys??

Whate make. Model and year of the vehicle??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.