Scion xB Forum banner

06 Xb vibrating and sluggish acceleration.

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  yesthatsteve 
#1 ·
Recently my 2006 Xb vibrates and feels sluggish when I step on the gas after a stop. This only happens during acceleration and not during idle. My check engine and VSC lights flashed on and off once. I replaced my spark plugs at 40,000 about 4 1/2 years ago. My Xb is now at 87,000. Hopefully a spark plug replacement will fix this issue.

#3 ·
I replaced the spark plugs and now it runs great! There is only one problem. I broke off the two screws on top of the engine cover as I was I was trying to remove it. Luckily my local dealership hooked me up with the two screws and the caps. They should arrive my Tuesday morning. Has anybody else run into this problem? Any advice for removing the broken screws?

#4 ·
Mine haven't gone yet, but it's only a matter of time. 10 winters of Midwest road salt has taken its toll on fasteners - in the last three years, I've sheared two bolts while trying to remove seized nuts. I'm certain more will come.

#6 ·
No idea. You may need to use heat to get them out, and have a rag soaked in water to cool things before applying any force. That quick heat cycle is usually enough to break the bond. I had to use a torch on the bleeder screws when I bled my brakes this year. Obviously if you use heat, make sure there aren't any melty bits nearby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.