How to replace both Engine Belts XB - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Engine, Tech, & Performance Discuss Scion xB engine, tech, & performance related topics here. Scion xB performance upgrades like Scion xB exhaust, Scion xB turbos and supercharges. Anything to make your Scion xB go fast!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 06-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
platinumdetailing is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
How to replace both Engine Belts XB

Hey everyone,
How do you replace both belts on the XB there seems to be no room, also the belts are worn, I can't see what numbers they are to order the new ones. I was going to get them from Auto Zone but they have no listing for them, and there squesling I need to replace them. Don't tell me you have to jack up the engine to change them. Please help me. Scion wants 200 plus for just one belt. That's a car payment! Somone please help.

Thanks
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Authorized Vendor

scvscions will become famous soon enough
ask toyota for the part numbers( they can be cross referenced) or just buy the belts from them and have them installed if you can't. You have to jack up the car and remove the pass side tire to get to the P/S belt and it's not fun. Your ALT belt probably just needs tightening up and thats no big deal to get to from the top.

Nightwerks
26524 Ruether Ave #404
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
ASE Master Tech
nightauto.com

<a href=http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/xbgauges/jasnsxb.gif target=_blank>http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...es/jasnsxb.gif</a>

"Fighting the evils of stock, one mod at a time!"

\______
| _|____\__
|(+)___(+)_|
#3 Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Crop Circle Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cravin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Cravin
It might take an hour to change them the first time. Its the same procedure as installing a power pully. Jack it up, remove the right front tire then loosen the alternator and PS pump tensioning bolts. The only tough part is getting in there to loosen up the bolts.

<a href=http://www.clubxb.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic585_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.clubxb.com/forums/signatu...igpic585_1.gif</a>

“Klaatu barada nikto.”
#4 Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 AM

(Thread Starter)
Change pullys?

Maybe i Should install one while i'm doing it. Will that void any warranties extended or otherwise? How much are they? WHo makes the best? Thanks for all your help.

Eric
#5 Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Get off my lawn Moderator

surfcitylocal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to surfcitylocal
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumdetailing
Maybe i Should install one while i'm doing it. Will that void any warranties extended or otherwise? How much are they? WHo makes the best? Thanks for all your help.

Eric
I know a lot of peeps have used the Perrin: http://sciongarage.com/product.php?p...t=0&bestseller

FUSCION Yes, I saw you dance. No, I don't have a dollar
Haole: I live on the Mainland but my heart is in Hawaii.
#6 Old 06-29-2006, 11:39 AM

BigWill184 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BigWill184 Send a message via Yahoo to BigWill184
does changing the pulley void warranty? nevermind my warranty is done within the next 3,000 miles so it wont really matter for me....
#7 Old 06-29-2006, 12:41 PM

(Thread Starter)
warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWill184
does changing the pulley void warranty? nevermind my warranty is done within the next 3,000 miles so it wont really matter for me....
before the factory is up you can get an extended drivetrain for not that much. and an extended bumper to bumper for a third of your truck lol What are these things considered anyway. And don't say a fridge! SUV, car. van? I'm lost!
#8 Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM

BOXlover11 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BOXlover11
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumdetailing
before the factory is up you can get an extended drivetrain for not that much. and an extended bumper to bumper for a third of your truck lol What are these things considered anyway. And don't say a fridge! SUV, car. van? I'm lost!
In some places they are called Micro van, in others they are mini SUV Dont ask me why though. I just thought it was a car

VIVA LE RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!

I AM THE FRENCH BASTARD!!!!!!!!!
#9 Old 06-29-2006, 02:55 PM

(Thread Starter)
micro machines

I would think the XA and TC are cars.
#10 Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 PM

bbRydr is on a distinguished road
well when i changed my pulley out for a lightened one my belts were squeeling and i tried to add anti squeel stuff from "stp" but that wouldnt work so i tried to look around for "how to fix squeeling belts" and this is what i found...well i didnt tighten my alternator forward when i did a final bolt inspection thus my belt was loose...so what i did was loosen the bolts to the alternator and put a metal rod between the alternator and the motor and pulled towards me...while holding the rod i had someone retighten the bolts and bamm the squeeling was gone...i hope this helps good luck.

erick
#11 Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Crop Circle Moderator

Cravin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Cravin
The box is a considered a compact wagon, and the perrin power pully is worth installing, I could tell a difference in response and feels like it revs faster. for 125.00 its a good mod for the price. I would get rid of my header and intake before the pully.

<a href=http://www.clubxb.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic585_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.clubxb.com/forums/signatu...igpic585_1.gif</a>

“Klaatu barada nikto.”
#12 Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 AM

(Thread Starter)
warranty

Does replacing any of those things void any warrantys? Will a pully, header, intake, exaust: void any extended drivetrain warranty?
#13 Old 07-06-2006, 06:37 PM

CBSIMONSEZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CBSIMONSEZ
If the dealership can find how a header made your box stop working then yeah, the header will void the warrenty. There are so many peeps out there who have all styles of header on there and i have yet to see any problems. Me personally, i like the Strup header.

On a different note. I was trying to replace my drive belt this evening and i couldnt get the bottom bolt to break loose. I tugged so hard i left CRAFTSMAN inbedded in my hand! From what i saw .. you really cant get to that bolt even with the passenger side tire and liner off. The only thing i can think of is getting a lenth of pipe to extend my 3/8ths rachet. Any other ideas?

Lie still, and close your eyes girl
So lovely, it feels so right
I want to hold you close
Soft breasts, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to f****** tear you apart
Tear You Apart
SHE WANTS REVENGE
#14 Old 07-07-2006, 04:36 PM

CBSIMONSEZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CBSIMONSEZ
Good news .. i finally got that bolt to break. I had to go in from the passenger wheel well like was posted. I had to sit on my ass facing the front of the car ... and with my left foot step down as hard as i could ( 235#s worth ) and it finally broke loose. I thought i may have snapped the head off it broke with such force.

I bought my belt at Pep Boys. Part number 5040478 Dayco Poly Cog is the name. It had to be special ordered in so it took about a week. My price here in NJ $22.58 Also, study how the belt goes back on, as i thought i did and it took an extra 10 minutes trying to figure it out. Space it tight, and my block was hot, just a warning.

Lie still, and close your eyes girl
So lovely, it feels so right
I want to hold you close
Soft breasts, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to f****** tear you apart
Tear You Apart
SHE WANTS REVENGE
#15 Old 07-07-2006, 07:33 PM

rollhard is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rollhard
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcitylocal
I know a lot of peeps have used the Perrin: http://sciongarage.com/product.php?p...t=0&bestseller
Just be careful when odering from that place. I ordered the Perrin fuel rail from them because they seemed to have the best price. Never got it. I emailed them several times and never got a reply. Heck they dont even have a phone number listed on their site! It wasnt until I emailed them demanding a refund that they called me. I wouldnt deal with them.

If you are still deciding which pulley to get, I will be dyno testing the Agency Power one next week. One of their reps claims 7whp so I am going to dyno it to see if they are BSing.

Eloy
05' XB turbo 141whp/130wtq
Race Precision
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page