Newbie install = New Pioneer head unit = problem with radio - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Audio, Video, & Security Scion xB in car entertainment (aka Scion xB I.C.E.). With all the room available the sky is the limit when adding Scion xB car audio and video. While you're tinkering with the Scion xB electrical system why not install a Scion xB security system.

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 AM
Canadian Box

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beyond is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Newbie install = New Pioneer head unit = problem with radio

I searched, I read the thread http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f23/rad...tion-45-3.html , and I'm still a bit confuse. So please, bear with me.

I bought the Pioneer DEH-P6100BT Single DIN head unit, bought the wires connector and spliced all the wires with matching labels EXCEPT these two that have no matches:

- Orange "illumination/Dimmer" wire from the Walmart Scosche TA021 wire connectors (the kind that needs splicing)

- Blue/White "system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal" wire from the Pioneer deck supplied wire

and now I am having way poor reception on the AM channels (need to listen to for work purposes). FM reception seems fine.

So what's the problem? I already connected the silver "Antenna jack" from the car to the receiving hole in the Pioneer deck. Do I have to do something more?

If I read the thread right, I still need to "wired the power antenna wire (in my case, the Blue/white wire mentioned above?) from my aftermarket wiring harness to the Black/Red wire on the factory Scion wiring harness" ???

Someone please confirm with me before I burn my box down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM

crxgames will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to crxgames
Re: Newbie install = New Pioneer head unit = problem with radio

The dimmer wire attaches to the dim line on the harness to allow the head unit to dim down while the headlights are on.

Your blue/white wire takes a switched 12v. I just hooked it to accessory 12v on mine.

My blog | VSC | AutoLuxuryStyle | AutoFashion
Will design websites PM me for info

I started my own shop, help me out: Endurance Motorsports Hit me up if you need anything.
#3 Old 12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Canadian Box

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the reply;

I never figured out what the Orange dimmer wire is for.. until now! LOL

Would connecting the blue/white wire solve the radio reception issue?
#4 Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM

crxgames will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to crxgames

Yeah, it sure will. Our antenna is pretty low quality without it. The wire is for powering on the signal amplifier. I had the same issue when I installed my head unit with the same Scoshe harness.

My blog | VSC | AutoLuxuryStyle | AutoFashion
Will design websites PM me for info

I started my own shop, help me out: Endurance Motorsports Hit me up if you need anything.
#5 Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Canadian Box

(Thread Starter)

Ok that's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks Crxgams.

Time to go splice them suckas.
#6 Old 12-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Canadian Box

(Thread Starter)

Finally had time to hook up the wires (you know, with the glass breakin and getting an alarm and all...) Almost done!

But one last question: Turns out my Pioneer DEH-P6100BT deck doesn't come with the Orange dimmer wire on the diagram, only the Scosche harness supplied the Orange dimmer wire.

So does that mean my new deck don't have the dim function? Or can I just attach the orange wire to another wire?

I am not sure on the logic behind the dimmer wire, and right now I'm afraid if I tapped it wrong the "dimmer" function will reduce power to not just the display but the whole unit's sound output.

Someone set me straight...!

Cheers;

I dig Fibreglass and Carbonfibre .......... Drums! The Chronicles of a Hobbyist Drummer & Percussionist

WTB:
. JDM passenger compartment top cubbie cover (got!)
. Handrest with storage
. Halo headlights
. Underseat Storage box
#7 Old 12-17-2009, 10:28 PM

Udream69 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Udream69

it could be the headunit doesnt have the feature, or its a different color. I think my Pioneer Double Din was a different color. I could be wrong though lol.

#8 Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Canadian Box

(Thread Starter)

Ok found more details about the mystic Pioneer blue/white wire:

* The reason I'm so unsure about this is because the installation manual said "never connect blue/white[sic] wire to the power terminal of the audio antenna. " That sentence messed with me big time.

Insalling a Pioneer HU and have a Blue wire and Blue/White wire extra.? - Yahoo! Answers

" Connect the blue wire in your adapter harness to the blue/white wire in the Pioneer plug. Your vehicle has an in-glass antenna, and it uses an antenna amplifier to improve reception. The blue wire in your adapter harness is the activation wire for the antenna amplifier.

Since your Pioneer deck probably does not have a blue (power antenna) wire, you need to use the blue/white amp turn-on wire to activate the Nissan antenna amplifier. "

and here..

" That blue wire coming out of the back of your receiver is a remote wire so that when you run an amplifier your receiver will send a signal through that blue wire and tell the amp to turn on and stay on. The radio AM antenna is that big, long metal plug that goes into the (more than likely) right, back side of the receiver. Make sure that that plug is all the way in. I listen to the radio just fine and all I have plugged in is my antenna (big metal plug), Front speaker wire, red ignition wire, yellow power wire and black ground wire. "

So it seems like the BLUE/WHITE wire from the pioneer deck is used to send power out to the remote amp, and I can also tap that wire so the power goes to the BLUE wire in the harness and hence powers up the glass antenna in the xB.

I think.

Gosh I hate finding extra info every time I put the deck back together.

I dig Fibreglass and Carbonfibre .......... Drums! The Chronicles of a Hobbyist Drummer & Percussionist

WTB:
. JDM passenger compartment top cubbie cover (got!)
. Handrest with storage
. Halo headlights
. Underseat Storage box
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page