Scion xB Forum banner

Stock front lip question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dahozzmn 
#1 ·
In Inches, what is the height of the stock front lip/valance? Specifically looking for the measure of the lower lip below the headlight.

I'm guessing 5 inches.

#2 ·
The very bottom lip is 5 3/8"ths on the outer sides and then in the middle it drops down to 5"

over all from the bottom of the headlight to the bottom of the lip it looks to be 20 1/2"... its dark out and all i have is my lil keychain measuring tape

hope that helps a little. oh and i measured on my totally stock 2006. i dont have a special edition :( lol

#3 ·
PERFECT!!

Thank you.

My aftermarket k-style lip seem to be 7" at the corners and 6" in the middle.

Reactions: mrrcom
#5 ·
To be honest, I have no idea. The stock lip was trashed when I got the RS, so it was removed and replaced with the less expensive aftermarket before I got her running. So I don't know any different.

In theory it should help a bit on the MPG's as it sitting lower allows a bit less air, and thus suction, going under the car. But I'd bet in actuality it would be too little to make that expense just for that.

My primary attraction to the K-style aftermarket version was functional. That is it tucks tighter to the car, so the geometry allows the front wheels to have a better chance lifting the front before it starts scraping.

#6 ·
So what your saying is that because of the geometry of the kstyle it visually is lower to the ground yet it won't bottom out like the OEM? Correct me if I'm reading that wrong. Might have to look into this, I have my wheel gap where I want it but I still have an inch more I want to go lower. *wheels are turning in my head now*

#7 ·
No. The aftermarket k-style is one inch closer to the ground. So it will touch ground sooner than a shorter stock lip before the wheels start lifting the front of the box.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 11:25 AM ----------

Now the stock bB front lip might apply to those spinning gears. :)

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 11:26 AM ----------

spinning wheels rather.

Blood, sweat, and tears would be proud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.