New xB toaster owner! - Page 3 - Scion xB Forum
New Buyers Thinking of buying an xB ? Waiting for your xB to arrive ? Discuss all related topics before you're handed the keys here.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 Old 04-23-2015, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
SuperchargedMR2 is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: New xB toaster owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeexb06 View Post
/\/\.. Yes they are a PITA to put on but well worth it as you can really feel the difference. Hopefully you have the rear sway bar on too !! Ever wonder why they did not put the better sway links in after you saw how your looked ????
Took it into town today and the difference is noticeable. Those old end links were trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LavaXB View Post
SuperchargedMR2, I've got to hand it to you, you're making some beautiful, discrete mods. Another congrats on the purchase.

I love those wheels. Makes me wonder how they would look on my Hot Lava RS1.

Thanks for all the updates and inspiration.

And, because I know you'll like it, I've attached a pic of the second 1986 MR2 that I owned for 13 years (before selling via eBay). The first 1986 MR2 that I purchased was stolen and stripped after 2 years of my ownership. And I have driven 1988 SC MR2's - they're over the top fun.

Gen 1 MR2's are a favorite. (My first one was the two-tone, dark green & beige.)
Thanks! I don't like mods that are over the top and too flashy. Subtle function over form mods are my favorite. When I had my old 16" MR2 wheels on the xB I like the 15" wheels more. For some reason the shape of the car looks better to me with a little more tire vs a lower profile 16" or 17" tire.

My first MR2 was an 88 SC that was stolen and never recovered after owning it 6 months. I bought an 86 several years later and back in 2002 I bought my current 89 SC. I love the Gen 1 the most too. It has more personality than the Gen 2 just like my xB.

Quote:
P.S. I'd love to have the MR2's 1.6 liter engine in my stick xB, now that would be fun, too. The 1.5 just doesn't compare to the 1.6's quick spool up and 7500 rpm redline.
I did that transplant on my old 82 Tercel. It had dual side-draft Mikuni carbs and was very quick. It was even lighter than the xB at around 2000 lbs. I wonder how hard it would be to do in an xB? That would indeed be fun!

Quote:
One more interesting P.S., the xB is within 1" of the MR2's width and length and 50lbs. in weight! It's hard to believe. (Yes, height is another story...)

xB Gen. 1
Length = 155.3 inches
Width = 66.5 inches
Height = 64.6 inches
Weight = 2395 pounds

MR2 (Gen. 1)
Length = 155.5 inches
Width = 65.6 inches
Height = 48.6 inches
Weight = 2350 pounds
I discovered this one day when I pulled the xB into the garage next to my MR2. I was shocked that it was the same length! It really surprised me considering how roomy the xB is while the MR2 is only a 2 seater. Fun facts, thanks! I don't have any plans to ever sell my MR2. It's becoming more rare and the 89 SC's are few and far between.

89 Supercharged White MR2 MT/09 Corolla S CSM MT/08 Yaris HB MT/94 Corolla DX Red MT
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/07 Corolla CE CSM MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 07-23-2015, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

I'm not normally a fan of bug deflectors since they look ugly IMO but since the front hood lip is so flat an duchies easily I ordered one for my xB. I'm amazed at how good it looks on my black xB as it disappears for the most part. Hopefully it will also help save the windshield too!

89 Supercharged White MR2 MT/09 Corolla S CSM MT/08 Yaris HB MT/94 Corolla DX Red MT
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/07 Corolla CE CSM MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl
post #43 of 46 Old 07-24-2015, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
pmg.torres is on a distinguished road

Very nice built! I just bought a used pair of trd springs for my xb and was debating either to get the kyb or the moneoe sensa tracs for the echo. By the way where did you buy your wing and foglamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #44 of 46 Old 07-25-2015, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmg.torres View Post
Very nice built! I just bought a used pair of trd springs for my xb and was debating either to get the kyb or the moneoe sensa tracs for the echo. By the way where did you buy your wing and foglamps?
Thanks! I bought the fog lamps on eBay, they are OEM used ones. The rear wing I bought from a dealer for around $75 if I remember right, it was much cheaper then I was expecting!

post #45 of 46 Old 04-30-2017, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

I gently was able to install a new TRD axle back exhaust that I bought a year ago! I also installed a DC Sports SRI. I love the extra room it gives under the hood. I was hoping that it would provide a little bit more sound then it actually does!

New TRD vs old OEM

Love the Tip!!

All tucked in!!

OEM air filter.

All the extra room with the DC Sports SRI installed.

RS2SYBOX, JPB and carboy like this.

post #46 of 46 Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 PM
JPB

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
JPB is on a distinguished road

That TRD rear box looks excellent, is that noticeably different in its sound from the stock component?

John

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page