Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxed Inn 2012: Start talking!

74K views 1K replies 60 participants last post by  859Toaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let's get it started:

I say let's break the tradition and move it a couple weeks to a month out only because of the weather issue. Foliage should be more abundant but there may be more traffic, but then it was pretty packed this time. Don't get me wrong I'm still down for the last weekend in March.

Also let's save save save and get a big A$$ Cabin or as many smaller ones as we need to be close to each other; $15 to $20 a month if possible.

Stenger hit on some very good points in the 2011 start talking thread for keeping it as is. Pasting his quotes below, which are pretty much spot on:

"Last weekend of March for financial reasons, as well as less visitors opposed to summer. And keep it in Gatlinburg. It seems to work on lots of aspects. It doesn't interfere with big shows. It doesn't cost a lot. Tax Returns can help fund the trip. Spring break typically falls in those last two weeks of the month. Making it easier for college students to make the trip."

#30 ·
Re: Boxed In 2012..... Start talking.

PF is a little more of the family side of the area. The thing is, the event is called Boxed in the Smokies, which takes place in Gatlinburg TN. (the cruising part) The rest of the time is spent with whom ever, where ever you wish, and that just happens to be at the hotel/cabin which tends to be in PF due to most of them being there.

#31 ·
Katiemae, keeping track isn't too bad like you say im not sure if I used excell or just notepad but I kept track of everyone that sent money in, steff handled the chi-town gang and sent me their $. and the price at that time included food and drinks. Thanks steff and chitown hustlers for shopping.

Stenger last year when a few that paid couldn't make it I just ate it and sent their money back outta my pocket but then it was only 1 person from the west coast and Andrew ate his part when one of his friends didn't come. We probably could have been reimburshed from the kitty but we wanted you kiddies to have fun lmao.

The cabin last year was a good haul away from everything but it did make for a good convoy.

The majority of people this year were in PF or close enuf to it in sevierville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·

Katiemae, keeping track isn't too bad like you say im not sure if I used excell or just notepad but I kept track of everyone that sent money in, steff handled the chi-town gang and sent me their $. and the price at that time included food and drinks. Thanks steff and chitown hustlers for shopping.
I was just throwing it out there, that's all...
Everything seems to work out each year, so keep on keeping on I suppose.

#32 ·
I also kept everything updated in the thread at that time which gave me another place to keep the info just incase my pc died lol

#37 ·

X32

I really wanted to go this year, but didn't want to be begging everyone for food and a place to sleep. lol Hopefully next year my car doesn't have a major drive ability problem that robs my checking account of funds. But then again, it is a Vdub so you never know what kinda mystery lurks around the corner. lol.

I almost think next year, we need to do something big for the 4 year mark, and then bigger for the 5 year mark. I also think that more western people should make the trip. They always say they are going too, but only one ever has. And that was James. And we damn near killed him :D

#42 ·

Well, realistically... People can stay wherever they want...
But me? I wanna stay in an epic cabin. So if everyone else wants one, then damnit, I'll go.

But for real.
I've never been to TN.
Or stayed in a cabin.
Sounds fun.

#48 ·

it would be nice to find the big cabin with ample parking . . .so cabins next to each other my be the best thing since this year and last year we all got to learn how to fit multiple xB's in the smallest area possible

#51 ·

Katie what's your excuse again? Aaron came from NY (twice now), James from CALI (once) and Adam from CANADA! A freaking different country! You have no excuse!
Eddy's SR20 drinking 93 octane.
Partially Nate's suggestion.
But also the fact that I've been hella broke.
That's why I'm gonna start planning NOW so that in a year it'll be feasible.

#57 ·

All I know is that there will be more bromantic cuddling next year. Cody and Jay looked pretty happy on that pullout bed.

i remember this . . .when I woke up drunk on saturday lol - I was like "who the kcuf is this girl - oh wait - it's nate . . ."

#55 ·
I run 93 or higher if I can find it in the box. 2 BAC's next to each other like the ones last year should be plenty of parking as we know from highjacking the cabin next to ours in 2010

Deb and Andrew or Nate was there a couple cabins where you were? And how much just out of curiosity.

We know Steff had a few around her

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.