Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxed Inn 2012: Start talking!

74K views 1K replies 60 participants last post by  859Toaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let's get it started:

I say let's break the tradition and move it a couple weeks to a month out only because of the weather issue. Foliage should be more abundant but there may be more traffic, but then it was pretty packed this time. Don't get me wrong I'm still down for the last weekend in March.

Also let's save save save and get a big A$$ Cabin or as many smaller ones as we need to be close to each other; $15 to $20 a month if possible.

Stenger hit on some very good points in the 2011 start talking thread for keeping it as is. Pasting his quotes below, which are pretty much spot on:

"Last weekend of March for financial reasons, as well as less visitors opposed to summer. And keep it in Gatlinburg. It seems to work on lots of aspects. It doesn't interfere with big shows. It doesn't cost a lot. Tax Returns can help fund the trip. Spring break typically falls in those last two weeks of the month. Making it easier for college students to make the trip."

#335 ·
Re: Boxed In 2012..... Start talking.

Zman, we will be heading down Thursday part of the way after I get off work, didn't know when you were planning to head down? MMaybe we can meet up on Friday somewhere? We'll taking my son with us and we stop often to let hime out and stretch his legs, ours too;), so we could probably meet up on the way.

Has anyone booked a Hotel for this yet, with the kid in tow we're not going to be staying in the cabin but would still like to stay close to some other club members going?

#341 ·

I will drive up on thursday night or early friday morning. I know a hotel in downtown G'burg that my inlaws stay at was about 45 a night and walking distance to everything. We were gonna stay there last year for BITS till my wife had to have surgery.

So im marking the 30-1 down now.

#345 ·

I will drive up on thursday night or early friday morning. I know a hotel in downtown G'burg that my inlaws stay at was about 45 a night and walking distance to everything. We were gonna stay there last year for BITS till my wife had to have surgery.

So im marking the 30-1 down now.
you ain't got much of a drive and we just party in the cabins which you are more than welcome to join any and all parties! Hopefully we aren't too separated like last year.

#343 ·

I am currently sitting on undecided, I'm working on buying a new beater car, a new tool box for work and I'm being (I could say pressured) to buy "THE RING". I'll know for sure come the middle of jan. We will venture down earlier in the week and do the whole "family" sight seeing. Best part is between going to NYC for a weekend, Florida for 2 weeks or an island for a week and BITS the girlfriend picked BITS!!!

#344 ·
I am currently sitting on undecided, I'm working on buying a new beater car, a new tool box for work and I'm being (I could say pressured) to buy "THE RING". I'll know for sure come the middle of jan. We will venture down earlier in the week and do the whole "family" sight seeing. Best part is between going to NYC for a weekend, Florida for 2 weeks or an island for a week and BITS the girlfriend picked BITS!!!
That must mean she enjoyed herself last time! Good!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#346 ·

OH I wants to go so bad,my buddy with a TCP as usual already has plans(must be nice to have no kids/responsibilities!) so strike one. we'll see what the monies look like around that time. Fingers crossed,want to stop by the Fontana campground and refresh my grandfather's initials under one of those concrete tables.

#347 ·

Would be nice to hook up with others on the east coast that are.goin, so i dont have to run solo again this year. Lol cuz we all kno the boxes are cuter in herds. Lol ;-)
Im sure ill head out a day early like last yr.

#351 ·

Lol @ Russ.
Zack... Well do something when more of the deatils about lodging come forth. Its becoming tradition for u n ur girl to be with me. Lol Tho ill prolly make this trip alone. My partner in crime just got engaged last night.

#352 ·

Lol @ Russ.
Zack... Well do something when more of the deatils about lodging come forth. Its becoming tradition for u n ur girl to be with me. Lol Tho ill prolly make this trip alone. My partner in crime just got engaged last night.
Hi Deb! It's Sabrina. I just thought I would actually try to become a part of the family and try to post some here and there. Anyway, I am really looking forward to the trip this year. Send my congratulations to Missy. =]

#353 ·

well this will come out poorly . . .

boxed in is for xB's only. Deadcannon has a tC but he drives in with his girl that owns an xB2. So you are more than welcome to be a part of this but we would rather you come in an xB.

there are some exceptions like when you crash your car the night before and you show up in your backup car.

while xA's are similar to xB's please do not drive to boxed in via xA.

#368 ·

I should be able to make it.
Not sure which xB I will bring.
Hope Deb brings some Agent Orange.
I will get some moonshine or white lightning
In Gatlinburg.

#373 ·

I should be able to make it.
Not sure which xB I will bring.
Hope Deb brings some Agent Orange.
I will get some moonshine or white lightning
In Gatlinburg.
Lol u KNOW ill have that with me! I still need to get with you about that project we spoke of in NC.
Ive just had so much roomie drama goin on i forgot to contact you about it. Lol

#370 ·

yea pigeon forge is a dry town, but the town next door isn't so just bring stuff with ya . . .much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.