Scion xB Forum banner

Time for a resurrection

20K views 152 replies 22 participants last post by  dubeexb06 
#1 ·
Well it's come around to that time again.

I am sick and tired of being stock!

Starting a full build, both interior and exterior, as well as a new air ride.

For now I'm just going to put up a teaser shot of the interior scheme.

That's all you get for awhile. I'll update as I finish major portions of it. The hope is to have it all done for TORC on May 3rd. Knowing me that means I'll be finishing stuff up the night before, probably at 1 or 2 am. :)

See less See more
#7 ·
Nope no Hydrodip, way to expensive as I can't do it myself.

The leather/wood faux is AWESOME!!! I can see by the amount of splatter on the filing cabinets, that isn't your first rodeo
It is a mottled leather looking vinyl on the glove box. I should qualify that the filing cabinets aren't mine, that is at the body shop which shaved the hatch for me. While I can do a lot of things welding isn't on the list. I'm trading some stereo work for the work on the hatch. :)

#14 ·
This build is totally different than the last one in looks and direction but it will have the same level of detail that I put into the lighting and stereo work on the last one. We'll see how people like it when it's done. :D

#16 ·
Got the other visor in yesterday. No pic as it looks like the first one, just backwards.

But I'll through in a color scheme pic instead.

Brushed steel and copper vinyl, motled brown w/black vinyl fabric, and chocolate leather. Also not picture is some burnished brass spray paint accents.

#17 ·
Made some more progress last night after a slight delay from running out of thread the other night.

After wrapping the steering column cover with a single piece of vinyl I discovered that the curves were just too much for the vinyl to handle. So out came the sewing machine again.

And then installed. Sorry for the crappy picture, cell phone at night.0

Overall I'm happy with them even with the imperfections. Gives me practice in the stitch work where it is difficult to see so when i get to the more noticable panels I'll be better at it.

---------- Post added 04-01-2014 at 11:47 AM ----------

Just realilzed that I never posted up a picture of the other visor or of them mounted. So here you go.

#23 ·
Can't believe I missed this thread. I remember how epic the last build was and how bummed I was when ya ended it. Looking forward to meeting ya this year at TORC. Your last build was one of my favorite 2nd gens. Your attention to detail is just mind-blowing!

#24 ·
More progress finally.

What happens when you take a few yards of vinyl, 85+ feet of copper ground strap, 146 antique brass Chicago binding posts, and a lot of time? You get my version of a diamond stitched headliner. 0

Still need to go through and smooth the copper out, it got a little tweaked during install and just needs smoothing.

Now on to the next portion.

#26 ·
Ok, so the next piece has been done.

Got new seat material from Leatherseats.com. I had them done in a chocolate leather that is a shade or two lighter than the dark brown I'm doing the rest of the interior in so they would contrast a bit but not stand out too much. I still have to recover the door inserts with the extra material for them and I ordered an extra 1/4 hide of leather to do some other pieces as well.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics.

#28 ·
Funny thing is I didn't even think of Todd's car until after I started the build and realized that it was close in color scheme. Always admired his car though, it is just so clean. I promise not to paint it minty green outside though. :D

---------- Post added 04-14-2014 at 02:59 PM ----------

UPS visited today and my headlights showed up. Took a month to build but they are worth it.

4.5" round sealed hi/low beam full LED headlights.

It'll be awhile before they go in as they are only a portion of some extensive work that is to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.