Scion xB Forum banner

Do you plan to get your car lower?

Poll: Do you want your car lower, or keep it the same?

17K views 241 replies 52 participants last post by  Pirate 
#1 ·
I just to gauge people's opinion on this.

There are a few, namely Kokujin/Boxlife that can't get lower and still drive!

#74 ·
shoot it looks killer now cant wait to see it lower:p and ur engine bay is the cleanest ive ever seen even better than some of the crazy honda ones ive seen, i wish i had the time and money so you can work on shaving my engine bay , mine looks like it belongs to a 20 year old car lol

#73 ·
well good thing it's my car. I like 14's . . .if ever have the extra cash im gonna buy SSR MKII's in 14's and get 185 55R14's and straight waffle.

#82 ·
Figured id post this here.

So i have Gabriel Echo shocks and Monroe Sienna shocks.

The echos ride OEM when the bags are raised, but ride like crap when bottomed out.

The Sienna shocks ride better with almost no air
(my tires are too big to roll aired out)
But, they ride really bad when aired up, even less than half full.

Im not sure if theres an in between shock, OR if KYBs really ride much better with their double valving or however they work.

#98 ·
The only drawback about the crown vic shocks are that you won't get much lift with them. They are super short, I can only get about 2 finger wheel gap when u jack it up off the ground or aired all the way up.

sent from 2 cups and a piece of string using Tapatalk

#97 ·
Ideally I'd like to go lower, but I've got to figure out some things first. Here is how I sit currently.

After throwing my coils, 10mm hub spacers, and wheels on this weekend I realized that I could go lower. I'm first going to let it settle for the week and then come up with something.

My first obstacle is finding a pair of 195/40/16 tires the s.drives are on national back order.

Here is what happens when you're dumb and don't get alignment after raising up for the winter.

Then other things include...

running camber and how much?
Rolling fenders
Getting my car on the alignment rack
subframe damage

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

#100 ·
Ideally I'd like to go lower, but I've got to figure out some things first. Here is how I sit currently.
After throwing my coils, 10mm hub spacers, and wheels on this weekend I realized that I could go lower. I'm first going to let it settle for the week and then come up with something.
My first obstacle is finding a pair of 195/40/16 tires the s.drives are on national back order.
Here is what happens when you're dumb and don't get alignment after raising up for the winter.
Then other things include...
running camber and how much?
Rolling fenders
Getting my car on the alignment rack
subframe damage

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
-3 camber if you need it to clear the fender.
Get an alignment with the bumper off I guess.
May have to switch tire size...
Steph had an Eastwood fender roller, not sure if it was owned or rented!

The only drawback about the crown vic shocks are that you won't get much lift with them. They are super short, I can only get about 2 finger wheel gap when u jack it up off the ground or aired all the way up.

sent from 2 cups and a piece of string using Tapatalk
Yeah it looks like they are just as short as the Siennas. My issue is, my shocks only do their job when I have no air in the bags, I can't drive like that until I get smaller tires, even then the wheels rub the top of the fender.
I need a shock that's longer than 19.3in but shorter than ~25 or whatever inch stock shock.

#107 ·
I was really low on df210's and 16's but had a decent amount of wheel gap, recently traded for some 18x10's and stance is pretty damn good but I'm almost 2" higher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.