Scion xB Forum banner

Do you plan to get your car lower?

Poll: Do you want your car lower, or keep it the same?

18K views 241 replies 52 participants last post by  Pirate 
#1 ·
I just to gauge people's opinion on this.

There are a few, namely Kokujin/Boxlife that can't get lower and still drive!

#41 ·
Honestly im still on 4x4 status. I have springs coming this week (hopefully). Hoping for an install this sunday. Either way thought, seeing other builds and whatnot i want Moar LOW! Another thing to thing about is i havent driven a lowered car before so springs will be a nice touch to learn on. When im back in a city setting ill go coils.

#47 ·
To be %100 clear I am riding on jdmpirate's tried and true budget moar lower and it rides and functions like a charm. :D

Sent from Tapatalk when I should be working.....

#58 ·
I kinda want something else to mess with . . . the ride height i have now is functional and I can tuck tire since it's just so reliable I am not worried about making it anymore anything.

#61 ·
Bigger wheels!

is it more bouncy after you flipped the top hats ?:p
Why do you say that?
I want any sort of drop on my box... but I wont. I had my last Civic lowered on Eibach Sportlines and Tokico blues and it handled beautifully and did wonders for the aesthetics of the car but it turned into a snow plow in the winter. It was about 4 inches off the ground and there are times where we see 8-9 inches of snow in the winter. It resulted in a cracked front lip, a cracked bumper held on by zip ties, and my plastic wheel well liners being torn out in one particularly bad winter storm. When I was leaving work I cut some electrical wire out of the wall and twisted them back into my car. It stayed like that until I crashed it lol.
Calgary, Canada... Hmmm. Could always save for air. :D

#60 ·
I want any sort of drop on my box... but I wont. I had my last Civic lowered on Eibach Sportlines and Tokico blues and it handled beautifully and did wonders for the aesthetics of the car but it turned into a snow plow in the winter. It was about 4 inches off the ground and there are times where we see 8-9 inches of snow in the winter. It resulted in a cracked front lip, a cracked bumper held on by zip ties, and my plastic wheel well liners being torn out in one particularly bad winter storm. When I was leaving work I cut some electrical wire out of the wall and twisted them back into my car. It stayed like that until I crashed it lol.

#62 ·
owell, i guess that's off the topic :( but i'm just curious, btw, i'm off the ground by 3.25 inches, so i'll see how much i'm off the ground after i flipped the top hat, so.. :D:D

---------- Post added 04-18-2012 at 03:11 AM ----------

well, i like being low, and i know i have to give up the ride quality, so... :eek:

#63 ·
owell, i guess that's off the topic :( but i'm just curious, btw, i'm off the ground by 3.25 inches, so i'll see how much i'm off the ground after i flipped the top hat, so..
well, i like being low, and i know i have to give up the ride quality, so... :eek:
Anything about getting low is on topic.
The spring is unaffected by the top hat so it should ride exactly the same, just a little lower.

#65 ·
no on the bigger wheels, 16's are the biggest I can with remaining below 4" ground clearance while still having a comfortable ride . . .if rotiform made 16's I would be all over the NUE's because I don't feel like spending 3500 bucks to get a custom set of wheels made.

#67 ·
im pretty low now on 14's and they are 60/65 aspect ratio, and I run 195 50 R15's when I run 15's because our wheel wells are very big so really smaller tire/wheel combo's look SUPER bad when you aren't dumped . . . and I didn't like air ride so I sticking to what I got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.