BUYER BEWARE! fastscions.com - Scion xB Forum
General Scion xB Discussion For all other topics not covered in other Scion xB Forums, this is where you post General Scion xB topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sogono is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
BUYER BEWARE! fastscions.com

Hold on tight, i have a feeling this is going to get wordy.
So my story starts a few months ago, i made my first order from FastScions,

I bought the "Seibon" carbon fiber front bumper cap for my gen2, and i was quite excited.
They ship without notification, and they don't provide a tracking number, so its recommended that you have a good grip on the edge of your seat while you wait for the part to arrive.
The part finally got here after something like 2 weeks, and was packaged somewhat well, they pretty much wrapped a large sheet of cardboard around the cap a few times, then liberally wrapped it in tape.

The major letdown here, the cap was not Seibon,
now, after a closer look, the site does not advertise the part as a Seibon product, however they put a Seibon vinyl on it for the display pictures, so it was a bit misleading.
Overall the quality was alright, it was singly ply CF, threads fairly aligned, with 3m outdoor adhesive on the back, and one coat of laminate that had one or two small bubbles. I kept it because i like the look, its still on today and looks pretty nice.

However, things are just getting started.
A few weeks later, i found myself browsing their site again, and ran across a pair of "Anzo" halo projector headlights. Their price compared to the dealer price for Anzo products was very good, so i bit.

These headlights were labeled as Anzo headlights, they gave links to the Anzo site, and displayed the Anzo part numbers, in the description.

The headlights took a good bit longer to arrive, and showed up in a plain cardboard box with some Japanese on it. Inside were the lights, poorly sealed with foam squished out of the housing seam, the bulbs were mounted by two thin wire snaps on either side, the wires passed through a rubber cap that slid over the backs, and the only piece of documentation was a sheet in Japanese, poorly depicting how to connect the JDM turn signals to the car without damaging something. I called the site, quite upset and complained about the lights being poorly made and fake, they assured me that they were real.
I even went so far as to take the lights to a nearby customs shop and ask, the shop owner said he would never install the lights because he has seen the particular brand of fakes before, and he wouldn't be responsible for any damage they would surely cause.

I then called fastscions again, which turned out to be a single office, running 3 different sites, operating by drop shipping products from around California.
This time, he agreed with me, and said he would take the lights back as soon as he could obtain a "Return Auth." number from the mfg. This took weeks and numerous phone calls... Finally, after i had almost lost all hope of ever hearing from them again, i was actually emailed this number.
I was instructed to write the number on the sides of the box, and ship it back to where it came from.

I did so, after paying return shipping myself, which was near $40.00,
A few weeks later i was mailed a statement, saying that i would soon be credited for my original purchase, here's the good part, Minus a 25% "ANZO restocking fee", How lovely.

In the end i was out nearly 200.00 in shipping both ways, plus the mystery restocking fee, Finally making my mind that i would never order from fastscions.com again. I simply could not go on and allow others to fall victim to the same shenanigans that cost me around two hundred dollars, and months of my time.

. ____
|____|\__
|(o)__(o)_|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM
RS4 #303

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
sdsnybny has a spectacular aura about sdsnybny has a spectacular aura about
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to sdsnybny
Re: BUYER BEWARE! fastscions.com

You should send all your documentation to Anzo's customer service, Maybe they will take legal action include links to site you bought from
There US site http://www.anzousa.com/index.html
Customer service http://www.anzousa.com/pages/contactus.html

Steve
#303 MYRS4XB/single parent its all good style
#3 Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Real Friends > Car Clubs

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
aalbertson3 is on a distinguished road

Wow that sucks... What are the other 2 sites they also run?

VERSION THREE IN THE WORKS
#4 Old 02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Authorized Vendor

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
ogerdgonz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ogerdgonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbertson3 View Post
Wow that sucks... What are the other 2 sites they also run?
WEBSITE LINEUP:
www.fastscions.com, www.fasthemis.com, www.combustionalley.com

National Sales Rep for Dare 2B Different Motorwerks

Check out the new Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/D2BDmotorwerks

#5 Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsnybny View Post
You should send all your documentation to Anzo's customer service, Maybe they will take legal action include links to site you bought from
Might just do that, I really like their headlights and i would still love a set.
It really sucks that there are places out there that run off of selling cheap fakes like this. I'm heavily disappointed.

. ____
|____|\__
|(o)__(o)_|
#6 Old 02-03-2012, 02:39 AM
RS4 #303

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
sdsnybny has a spectacular aura about sdsnybny has a spectacular aura about
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to sdsnybny

It will help Anzo protect there name as well as other buyers from fraudulent parts

Steve
#303 MYRS4XB/single parent its all good style
#7 Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 AM

okica18 is on a distinguished road

damn luckily i saw this post cuz i was about to order some stuff from them next week..
#8 Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okica18 View Post
damn luckily i saw this post cuz i was about to order some stuff from them next week..
Im glad to have helped. Im positive there are much more reliable sources for anything you may want from their site.

. ____
|____|\__
|(o)__(o)_|
#9 Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM

oldvet53 is on a distinguished road

I bought my Weapon "R" 4-2-1 Race header and S-Pipe, Tanabe DF210's and Tanabe Strut tower bar and had no problems with them at all. Sorry to hear about your problems, but all of my stuff was bought back in 2009 and they may have changed owners since then.
#10 Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
tsst tsst

ShenStyles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShenStyles

Stay away from this site. I've had headaches with them too, a couple years back.

#11 Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Brad

Voodoo1553 is on a distinguished road

I wish I read this thread earlier I ordered a strup exhaust from them last week and i have no tracking number they don't pick up their phones and don't email me back. I think I am screwed I am going to have to cancel this some how......
#12 Old 03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Brad

Voodoo1553 is on a distinguished road

Well my exhaust came in after 2 weeks and it was strup. So I am glad I did not get screwed but they did have me freaking out a bit
#13 Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 AM

zenith is on a distinguished road

That is really disgusting......thanks for the share actually my brother is planning to get that one......i would tell him to go through thoroughly and get them....at least not to visit these sites and order....
#14 Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM

flynlyon3 is on a distinguished road

Wow. That really sucks. Thanks for the heads up. You are really doing everyone a service and a company like that should not be thriving. If enough people were to voice their disservices then they should be out of business for poor business practices. Keep us updated on the Anzo legal status stuff if you pursue it.
#15 Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
FastScions.com

fastscions is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to fastscions

im sorry to hear your experience was so bad.

However, we need to address a couple of things. 1) The cap was never advertised as "Seibon". We have our own line of carbon fiber parts, including the caps, fog lights and mirror covers for the gen 2. 2) You said you even liked the cap and kept it. 3) Those headlights were Anzo and drop-shipped direct from them (they go by CG Distribution) and you could've easily contacted them about the manufacturer (issue not defect). 4) You ultimately received contact with RMA and return shipping address. We did exactly what we are supposed to, and if you dont think so read our privacy policy.

Listen guys, weve been in business for 6 years. If you do OTHER searches, you will find great feedback and very satisfied customers. We know the vehicle, we have the widest selection of parts and we try hard to provide the best service. Sometimes we are installing parts and at the track every other weekend. Its hard to tend to every single phone call, message or email. But we certainly do our best with a limited staff.

We are here to service the Scion community. Nothing but love and I want the feeling to be mutual.

www.FastScions.com
The #1 Scion Performance Parts & Accessories Store
(310) 202-0900
Culver City, CA 90232
#16 Old 03-31-2012, 12:00 AM

skewlbus is on a distinguished road

Did u have any pics of what the supposed fakes looked like?
#17 Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 PM

salinasBB is on a distinguished road

still debating if I should order the apexi sv fit exhaust from them??cheapist place by far
#18 Old 04-12-2012, 01:35 AM

xB_Toaster is on a distinguished road

I have ordered Anzo headlights and a set of tail lights from fastscions.com recently. I got great customer service and am very impressed with them. Just my two cents
#19 Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 AM

jadeT is on a distinguished road

try the BBB
#20 Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Zman will become famous soon enough Zman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastscions View Post
im sorry to hear your experience was so bad.

However, we need to address a couple of things. 1) The cap was never advertised as "Seibon". We have our own line of carbon fiber parts, including the caps, fog lights and mirror covers for the gen 2. 2) You said you even liked the cap and kept it. 3) Those headlights were Anzo and drop-shipped direct from them (they go by CG Distribution) and you could've easily contacted them about the manufacturer (issue not defect). 4) You ultimately received contact with RMA and return shipping address. We did exactly what we are supposed to, and if you dont think so read our privacy policy.

Listen guys, weve been in business for 6 years. If you do OTHER searches, you will find great feedback and very satisfied customers. We know the vehicle, we have the widest selection of parts and we try hard to provide the best service. Sometimes we are installing parts and at the track every other weekend. Its hard to tend to every single phone call, message or email. But we certainly do our best with a limited staff.

We are here to service the Scion community. Nothing but love and I want the feeling to be mutual.
Order from them, and hold them to their word guys.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page