Scion xB Forum banner

coolant Level Light (2011)

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TrevorS 
#1 ·
Im having a minor problem and am wondering if other Xb 2.5 (thats what I have dubbed the 2011) owners are experiancing the same.

For the 2011 Xb Scion decided to not to include an engine temp gauge with the rest of the gauges. Instead they have provided 2 idiot lights. 1 of them indicates when the engine temprature is to hot, and the other indicates if the coolant level gets to low.

Every once n a while, on a cold start the coolant level light comes on indacating the coolant level is low. Ive checked and rechecked but the coolant is at its proper level.

Im gonna have this checked out by the dealer, but wanted your guys input

#3 ·
I will have to double check. all that I read about in the owners manual was the level being low. I saw nothing about the temp being low, but then again I did not read that far into it.

That is still an odd issue to have. here in miami we tend not to have to worry about letting the car warm up especially this time of year.

#11 ·
My New 2011 xb with 500 miles on it does the same thing, but only after the car seems to have sat for more than an hour. Doesn't come on when going in and out of the store type of thing.

#12 ·
Well, congrats! The light works just the way it should! At 500 miles you probably still have the Owner's Manual saved, it may shed some light on the situation you noticed.
But basically the light will be on until you reach about 140F engine temp. Drive easy :)

#14 ·
Just recognize that until the engine reaches normal operating temps, you're likely to see a low coolant temp indication. This doesn't mean something is wrong, it simply means your engine is still warming up! If you take the time to understand your engine, you'll find there are far fewer things to be alarmed about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.