Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxed Inn 2012: Start talking!

74K views 1K replies 60 participants last post by  859Toaster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let's get it started:

I say let's break the tradition and move it a couple weeks to a month out only because of the weather issue. Foliage should be more abundant but there may be more traffic, but then it was pretty packed this time. Don't get me wrong I'm still down for the last weekend in March.

Also let's save save save and get a big A$$ Cabin or as many smaller ones as we need to be close to each other; $15 to $20 a month if possible.

Stenger hit on some very good points in the 2011 start talking thread for keeping it as is. Pasting his quotes below, which are pretty much spot on:

"Last weekend of March for financial reasons, as well as less visitors opposed to summer. And keep it in Gatlinburg. It seems to work on lots of aspects. It doesn't interfere with big shows. It doesn't cost a lot. Tax Returns can help fund the trip. Spring break typically falls in those last two weeks of the month. Making it easier for college students to make the trip."

#2 ·
Re: Boxed In 2012..... Start talking.

Im with what everone else wants to do. My wife keep saying shes sorry that we couldnt make it this year but when you got to have surgery you got to have it.

I WILL be at BITS next year and gonna try to come up for Exposed to meet new folks.

I know my wifes show is always around St Paddys day in Atlanta so thats the only big show that i know of in march.

#3 ·

Hey man family and health matters come first, I'm sure everyone will agree. Hope the Mrs is doing well.

#5 ·

Definitely family first. You did the right thing.

Hope you don't mind a new guy butting in here, but I have some suggestions.
Clarify the town in which this will happen. I know someone was staying in Sevierville and thought it would be too far away. In reality, it seemed like most folks were in Pigeon Forge. Gatlinburg was more of a stop than a central location. We stayed in Gburg thinking most folks would hang out on the strip and we could walk to the room if necessary. No big deal, but it might make more sense to say Pigeon Forge.

I really like the idea of cabins in the same area if possible. It would make gathering easier. The only thing about moving the dates too far out would be the increase in lodging rates, but it isn't usually that big of a difference.

Either way, we had a great time and are truly looking forward to the next gathering.

#6 ·

I hope everyone had a good time with out me this year! I hate all of you, but that's just the jealousy of my misfortune talking. Money got tight in March for me due to a bust axle on the battle wagon aka vdub. And Nathan can vouch for how scary it was to ride in it when things started acting up.

I personally want to try and make it up to myself by going down in a few weeks. If I do so I will post weather conditions as well as my expenditures for the weekend including gas. However last week of March is the last week of off peek season. Which is why I've always maintained it being the better part of the year to go.

But its early and all of this will get sorted out by the end.of the year I am sure. In which I hope to start seeing photos up soon. ps. not on Facebook because I deleted my account. LOL

#7 ·

so what time should we shoot to start renting a cabin? like a month that everyone should have money to throw in.
It might be rather early to start a Official attending Boxed In 2012 which may also be beneficial as well since the more we get the lower the price and make the trip less expensive overall.

#8 ·

I don't care when we go... hopefully the B will have a redheaded step sibling to take all of it's abuse that it normally gets. I say if we do cabins then we should have a cabin where we won't have alcohol and a party cabin for those who want to go and get drunk... Just my $.02 as far as this subject goes. I will hopefully have enough money whenever it is held, since I am getting kicked off of my parent's insurance, looking for a second car, and trying to get an appartment of my very own all within the next few months.

#9 ·

A sober cabin? WTF is that?

I've seen Cody get tipsy @Boxed In and he hardly touches the drink. lol.

As far as a chip in goes, there's a lot to be managed there. However, if someone is willing to step up to the task and is good with keeping track of who has put in what, and who owes what, then go for it. It's just a matter of keeping things fair across the board, and if someone has to back out, them getting their money back in a very timely fashion.

Justin, good luck on getting out on your own. It's a PITA to start, but once you adapt to stricter budget, it's pretty nice. I miss being able to drop money on modifying the car though. lol. But a roof and food seem to be more important than having a fast/good looking car. (I must be getting old)

#10 ·

A sober cabin? WTF is that?
For real!
I mean, I really don't drink anymore.
But that doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy other's drunken expeditions...

As far as a chip in goes, there's a lot to be managed there. However, if someone is willing to step up to the task and is good with keeping track of who has put in what, and who owes what, then go for it. It's just a matter of keeping things fair across the board, and if someone has to back out, them getting their money back in a very timely fashion.
Just need someone who's good with an excel spreadsheet to manage who owes/has paid what..
Or maybe that's just my idea of smart because I'm a list whore and excel is my 2nd best friend.
Seriously, I don't think arranging the whole thing would be the problem - it's getting people to commit and stay committed.

Oh and I vote big, massive, pretty cabin cause I WILL go next year.

#11 ·
At this point I KNOW I will be there next year. I think the last weekend of March is perfect. Maybe the weather isn't perfect but I don't think anyone had a bad time because of some rain. There is enough spring leaves and flowers to have colors but also still sparse enough to be able to see forever.

I also missed the large central cabin. It made it a lot easier to get to know people with us all together.

#13 ·
The first group of cabins at the complex we were in (Big Bear I think?) Seemed to have smaller cabins joined by covered walk-ways. Also the road didn't get bad until further back in so that would be a better option too. Less scraping is usually nice.

#14 ·

:(:( I'm home and sadly back at work today :(... Got in around 130 this morning. After we left the pancake house we went and walked Gatlinburg for a few hours.
It was great meeting so many people!!!
My cabin was awesome but the parking was horrific! and there was only 2 boxes there!!

Deff wish we'd have had more time together overall. I cant wait till next year for sure!!! :D

#15 ·

I am DEFF coming next year. Asking off from work wayyyyyy in advance, I kicked myself in the butt over the weekend for not attending. I work in sevier county so over the next year I will save up some freebies and stuff for the attractions in the area that way eveyone can get alittle something for free or at least discounts. Who doesnt like free stuff? 1derbox stopped by my work on friday nite. She is great and gave me a few pointers. *THANKS* Im gonna make my box look good like everyone elses did this year. GREAT PICS!!

#16 ·

:eek: Hey girlie! Did you get those things you asked me about?
Your car was great don't ever feel like yours is any less than anyone elses...
WE ALL had to start some where! lol

We are already talking about next year. IT was cool that you worked around the corner from where we stayed!

#17 ·

drove down to pepboys today and got them. I searched the net for 2 days looking for the springs. cant believe i could have got them at the store> DUH I am looking into getting an air kit r lowering springs. I want to be real low. I am gonna keep myself updated with checking the forum regularly.

#27 ·

^^^ me too plus I have the air horn now!
I love when the kids go crazy.
I wish u woulda told me u have a air horn. I would have loved to hear it. I just bought a kit for my husbands car for christmas. His is extremly LOUD! scares me everytime, even when i know he is gonna blow it! I wanted one so bad , but he said he is gona get the most expensive one and give me his. I like the sound of that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.