Scion xB Forum banner

Miles per tank?

9K views 54 replies 18 participants last post by  sminor21 
#1 ·
Just picked up a '13 xb in nautical blue and I'm getting 30mpg currently. My question is what should I expect mileage wise out of a tank. The on dash display is saying around 260miles but that seems a bit short to me. So what do you get per tank?

#12 ·
I'm in the same boat??? Just got a used 09 with around 42k miles. Drove off the car lot,filled her up and read 244 miles to empty. Couple tanks later and im up to 288 now. Gas light comes on with 18 miles left. Only take about 10 1/2 gallons to fill her up. Feel like i'm losing about 75 miles a tank thoe. Please, could some more input on this. Thanks.

#13 ·
Not sure what would be the deal i know that the miles to empty portion takes time to build up if the person that owned it before did nothing but city driving. Mine stays usually at 305 till empty. Im getting roughly around 25 mpg and thats with about 85% highway and driving around 70 mph so its not bad for the size of the vehicle.

#14 ·
I know it's an old topic but I've found that the miles til empty is more of an estimate than a hard number. I'm usually around the 300 mark per tank and I use the low fuel light as a gauge for remaining fuel. The manual says you have about 2 gallons left once it turns on. So I estimate about 50 miles to go once it turns on.

#15 ·
Good call jbsxb... Was think the same thing about the 50 miles on the gas light. Also, i changed my spark plugs and gained about 15/18 miles a tank. So, i'm just under 300 miles now. Next time i fill up i'm going to rest set my trip count and good bye those numbers to when my gas light comes on.

#24 ·
Just to share my experiences, with a full tank I get between 270 and 280 miles before the light comes on. I usually fill up around 300 but even then the tank is not truely empty as I put between 11 and 12 gallons back in. I never use the miles til empty number because I can drive plenty more even after that hits zero. My general rule of thumb is you have 50 to 75 miles once the low fuel light comes on and about 2 gallons left based on the manual.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.