Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel rail for xB

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Padanky 
#1 ·
Hi!

thinking about adding the Perrin fuel rail. just wondering if it worth it?
Does anyone has noticeable results from it? I have no sc or turbo just the I/H/E mods.

Tks!

#2 ·
I dont think it would be worth it- the point of the fuel rail is to help push more fuel into those types of applications. Ive had one sitting in my room along with "other" things for 2 years now- Im not just about to put it on and debating putting a SC on the car. Unless you want a pretty mod in the car i would save your money and get a pulley.

#3 ·
Yeah, Forget the rail and get a Pulley

#5 ·
If you want to increase the power and you have the "baler on a budget" budget
get a Wet System of NOS, or save up and get a F/I system...the pulley give the exctra power in my eyes...but dude remember its a BOX- not an EVO.

#7 ·
If you want to increase the power and you have the "baler on a budget" budget
get a Wet System of NOS, or save up and get a F/I system...the pulley give the exctra power in my eyes...but dude remember its a BOX- not an EVO.

#9 ·
unless you are pushing past 300 HP in that box you dont need another fuel rail. the stock ones should be good for at least that far. but without forced induction (turbo or SC) you dont need to boost the fuel flow. you would need bigger injectors before a fuel rail.

but hey.. i got one for my integra and I only have intake header and exhaust.. but it does have that bling factor. I know I dont need it but I was in that NOOB tuner kid stage and I bought almost everything that fit my integra. I have had the rail for over 2 years.. maybe 3. and finally installed it a month ago. aboout all it does is show me my fuel pressure.

to me it used to feel like it had more power , but I think it was because I went from driving a 100 HP box to driving a 150-160 B18B Integra. (I own both BTW) so it could just feel like its faster now... or powerful

#11 ·
Put a BBK Throttle Body and Venom 10% over injectors and you'll see the gains. I did this on my old 97'Civic and it felt awesome. Thread Jack over. :)

#13 ·
If you are asking me, I was talking about civic parts. They don't make a Throttle Body or Venom injectors for the xB yet. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.